2059: The Dark Reflection

@Jcton
Mark shrugged. “I guess?”

Meanwhile, Richard was in his lab, gathering and preparing whatever equipment and technology might be useful to Xano.

@L.O.S.S-KAL
“Well that’s just a darn shame, isn’t it?” Simon asked.
“Oh well, looks like we’re taking our business elsewhere. And trust me you will regret that.”

A knee exploded into a shower of red gore.

“Oh, looks like you’ll be taking your sweet time getting back, if you fully recall your forces you may not bleed to death.”

Simon chuckled slightly.
“I’ll…consider your offer…” he said as he began to limp away.

O2 wakes up in the hospital… again, everything still hurts (though not as much) , he spies a television in the corner of the room. He doesn’t fully hear what the anchor says, though from what he is able to gleam there seems to be reports of a masked figure (whose powers bear an uncanny resemblance to his own) being behind a series of erratic and violent attacks. In his periphery O2 also spies a tall figure wearing red robes and silvery white armor, their face is obscured by an expressionless porcelain mask and topped with a tall black crown “My! My! Awake are we?” the figure chides "The hell are you!? " responds O2 as he felt leaden ball begging to form in the pit of his stomach. The figure chuckles and looms over O2 “I am an individual who knows who and what you are?” whilst the mask betrayed no emotion O2 could feel the figure grinning underneath, they angle their head toward the television’s screen “Sound familiar?” the figure presses getting progressively closer. O2 attempts to raise his hand forms a small albeit dense barrier between him and the figure, though the kings hand slowly pierces through the hand and closes around O2’s wrist. “There’s no need for that…” tuts the figure as, their hand tightening like a vice, the sound of footsteps can be heard in the distance and with that the figure is gone. O2 looks down at his wrist, though is shocked to find no marks.

Searching through a dilapidated part of the city after hearing reports of an unidentified possibly terrestrial object a group of armed police and researchers come a across the form of a large shell; it appears to be circular in shape with the colour and texture of charcoal, the shape is dotted with (comparatively) small black glassy spheres, and the overall shape seems reminiscent of an Ammonite. Suddenly, the area begins to rumble and the shell begins to emit a series of low echoing clicks. Reddish iris form on the glassy spheres and dart around frantically (seemingly scanning the surrounding area for anything and everything), eventually the shell begins to slowly fracture and crack as a vast multilimbed creature slowly (albeit increasing in pace at an alarming rate) pull itself from the husk that was formerly its Cocoon. Whilst the clicking sounds are deafening the Words “Eat, Grow, Survive!” can be heard faintly from within the creature.

1 Like

From the shadows, several Scourge soldiers silently observed the mysterious object.
“She seems to be undergoing metamorphosis.” One soldier said.

“But how can we recover it without detection or persecution?” Asked the other soldier.
They all thought for a moment.

The Creature’s clicking begins to intensify as its ‘eyes’ turn their attentions toward the Scourge soldiers, the Creature slowly begins turning in the soldiers direction and gradually making its approach.

“I think it knows we’re here.” Said one of the soldiers.
“How? She’s supposed to be unconscious.” Said another.

The Scourge soldiers disappeared into the shadows when several scientists approached the creature. They placed caution tape all around the scene, and flashed their WESD badges whenever someone would approach.

The Scourge Soldiers stood beside the scientists.
“Is it really her?” A soldier asked a scientist.
“It appears so. She has undergone a metamorphosis due to a mutation caused by the Savager serum.” A scientist said.

The Scientist approached the creature.

“Hello? Can you hear me? Can you see me?” The scientist asked, waving his hands in front of the creature’s eyes.
@Bramsley

Suddenly a man entered, he was old, cruel and wicked

Eugene Roberts, the head of WESD, he was actually a higher rank than Simon was but since he was chief of the board of directors, it meant he was often unable to lead his men
@Mctoran
@Bramsley

“What can you tell us about this…creature?” A scientist asked.

“It was more of Seyborn’s idea than mine…” Eugene pauses

Xano continued towards his old laboratory, which now the visible hole in the street could easily be seen and most likely had expanded.

“So, how are we going to gather the Ignotium energy?” Asked Mark.

“Well, we’ll need to store it in something. I believe I have a few storage containers in the bunker…”

Elias watched silently, arms folded in front of him.

Bruce, Katrina, and Connor followed Richard.

1 Like

Mark nodded.
“Good. Now how much of this Ignotium Energy are we going to need?”
@Jcton

Xano answers,
“As much as we can get our hands on…”

(So what’s going on? Is it even worth trying to get back in?)

(Gamemark and The Dark Heroes are tampering with an alien satellite and transforming it into an interdimensional portal machine.
The heroes are trying to harness an energy source that will allow them to teleport to where the villains are and confront them. I would say that it is worth it to continue)

(Nah. When I signed up I was going for a side villain not some stupid sci fi final battle. In fact I think next rp I’m sticking with that so no confusing end game for me.

1 Like

(Why are you never active when I am, is it some weird hatred? I kinda agree with Khalsa though, I just wanted to play Jake Syd in an RPG when all of a sudden…)

1 Like