366 Days of Art: The TTV Experience

I can’t say I like the differing blues. Any particular reason for that?

Breaks up the torso and distributes the pattern without relying on a belt or the dreaded “underwear”.

8 Likes

Makes sense. It just hurts that the torso is the only place where that shade is used.

1 Like

Varderan, everybody!
/s

Naw, the underwear was quite the strange design choice, I’ll give it that.

@Kahi
Looks pretty great! I like the “T-■■■■■ and jeans” look the suit has, and it looks alien, a look not retained by the original suit.

Nice job! :smiley:

1 Like

Basically what Var said. Superman’s current costume as well as his movie counterpart get rid of the underwear, at the expense of actually having anything to replace it with. There’s one solid mass of blue with too little red to balance out the color scheme and break up that torso.

Actually, it’s also used in the inside of the red piping on his upper arm, the band between the end of his sleeve, and also the inside of his “S” - I mean, hope symbol. I took out the yellow because it was far too disruptive and instead made the red piping more distinct, to tie the costume together.

It’s actually based on old circus strongman designs. A lot of early superhero costumes are. It’s funny because the circus faded away but superheroes stuck around, leading a whole generation of people to wonder why superheroes wore silly underwear.

It’s funny you should mention that, because part of my inspiration came from how much I liked the t-■■■■■ and jeans look in the newest Superman “Truth” arc. (Did I like the Truth arc itself? Totally different story)

4 Likes

Huh. That’s cool! :smile:

1 Like

April-27-16
it’s a thing

17 Likes

Guess there aren’t any birds around to see… =P
Really nice :wink:

I’m just thinking of @prpldragon as Kraven the Hunter when I see this pic.

Can you see the resemblance?

15 Likes

that’s actually really funny

April-28-16
i completely forgot about my steven universe comic
woops

it’s a screen projection thing so the perspective is supposed to look off

http://puu.sh/ozwp1/1c58770bf1.jpg

18 Likes

What’s with the random circle?

It’s a speech bubble…

Ohhh.

Oh, hey it’s Gem Maleficent. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

0/10 neck not long enough

7 Likes

Fair enough…

Soz bro.

April-29-16
Drew one of my friend’s characters from her comic.
Her art’s been an inspiration to me for like, always.

18 Likes

That’s actually a really cute piece, despite, you know, the giant ears… and glowing red eyes… and teeth… and whatever the heck’s going on with the skin around her eyes…

Those eyes, they just.

I mean, they’re cute and…

Oh boy.

7 Likes

they’re freckles lol

1000TH POST WOO

April-30-16
do you ever just

22 Likes