4th of July

Amerikava.jpg

1 Like

8 Likes

[quote=ā€œTheEsquire, post:7, topic:10313ā€]
those kids were launching fireworks at each other
[/quote]w0w violent

1 Like

My dog goes crazy if I launch fireworks by clawing into my leg. I stay home to calm him down and watch Independence Day.

2 Likes

Happy Independence Day, everyone! Hereā€™s to another 239 years!

3 Likes

2 Likes

By me, there was an amazing fireworks display. It was awesome. Probably the best one Iā€™ve ever seen. I donā€™t envy anyone who canā€™t see such awesomeness.

1 Like

Since my parents donā€™t want to see fireworks, I have to stay at home.

So all I get to hear now is the noise of illegal fireworks and super-loud small ones.

3 Likes

Like I said, I donā€™t envy you. Where I live, fireworks arenā€™t illegal, and I (being a fourteen year old) could buy them whenever I wanted, though, certain cities have ordinances forbidding them, but thatā€™s what farmland is for.

Not all fireworks are illegal. The legal ones can only go up to 6-8 feet because Oregon doesnā€™t want forest fires,

So you have to have a permit for the big ones.

1 Like

Are bottle rockets illegal? Roman Candles? Fire Crackers?

Yes, all of those are illegal. They donā€™t want fires for trees and buildings.

I used to live in Washington where all those were legal. But since we moved to Oregon, we canā€™t have any of those.

1 Like

Wow. I canā€™t even imagine how boring it must be for you. I do understand Oregonā€™s reasoning, but man, thatā€™s just no fun. Sorry @Chronicler. Can you at least have sparklers?

Yes, we can have sparklers. And we can have fireworks that shoot up to 6-8 feet up in the air. Itā€™s small but kinda entertaining. (oh, and we can get poppers, too. So that means we still get to hit each otherā€™s feet with it!)

Itā€™s more fun to see fireworks set up by the city. Where I live, the city puts up a fireworks show in the park. But my parents couldnā€™t drive to it, so I have to stay at home and hear the small explosions that sound waaaaay too close to my house and hope my house doesnā€™t blow up.

I spend my Independence day eating burgers and watching stuff about our founding fathers and stuff. That ends up to become entertaining.

2 Likes

Oh. Are the city displays cool? As I said above:

Also, (and, donā€™t try this in Oregon or anywhere that fireworks are illegal) it is REALLY fun to light a bunch of sparklers all at once. The light is so bright that it can make you lose vision for a few seconds. Also, tying (or use a rubber band) sparklers to bottle rockets, lighting the sparkler first, and letting the spark ignite the bottle rocket wick. The sparkler will give the rocket a cool streak as it flies into the air, and, well they both just explode. Man, FIREWORKS ARE FUN!

They can be, yes. But they donā€™t try the dangerous stuff you described. :S

1 Like

Thatā€™s just stuff that Iā€™ve done with family friends. They get pretty crazy. Also, every Memorial Day and Labor Day, my aunt and uncle have parties, and they always buy at least a hundred dollars worth of fireworks (it gets more expensive and awesome every time), and I always end up lighting one huge box of rockets. Last party, I lit off Untamed Retribution
Untamed Retribution, 16-Shot
16 shots. Last 43 seconds. It was amazing, and a good finale to the party.

2 Likes

SO

now that the funā€™s over, letā€™s shut this topic down until next time, kay?

3 Likes