7000 BC. Fall of Atlantis

Tho obviously without Italy, cause then Rome could not exist.

Technically speaking this would be earlier than Rome as a city, but with all the innacuracies already I digress.

I mean… As far as I know, as early in our prehistory there shouldn’t be any form of civilisation. The Sumerians showed up… What, 2000 years BC? 3000 at the extreme most. So there shouldn’t be an Atlantis either.
But there is, so having Rome to exist isn’t the worst thing we can do.

EDIT: @Jcton So would our Atlantis actually have conquered lands or colonies?

Going by Greek history, our only historical source for Atlantis. Atlantis actually would’ve been around 9000 BC if it did indeed exist.

Yeah it would have some conquered lands.

Shouldn’t we decide her lands?

Well considering the title of the RP I don’t see too much point in doing that. However I can do that when I get the time to do so.

Would they have teritories in Italy?

it’s likely they have a presence and some territory in the Mediterranean, due to how the Greek revered them and the fact we have a player playing as a jewish king. I would expect North Africa and the Balkan Peninsula to be part of those territories.

What?

Is more less based on the real jewish king,Baldwin IV.

2 Likes

Ah, oh. Thanks.
Not to sound picky, but can the authorities somehow interfere with Leonida? Like, he is a prince of Rome in a rival state, that should raise some questions.

he is in the trade portions of the city, so they’d be somewhat used to foreigners there. However that won’t mean the Atlanteans would keep an eye on them.

In my last post I said that he was heading for a more expensive neighbourhood, maybe in the central ring. I wanted to say that he has a vacation home in Atlantis, but this would still be enough to raise some questions.

and TBH didn’t fully realize he was an enemy of the Atlantean state

Enemy? No.
Take Germany and the UK before WWI. They were not friends, but they were not enemy either per say.

Name: Expunged from records
Alias: The bloodless flagellant
Affiliation: Atlantis empire (currently), Cult of Dionysus (formerly)
Powers:

Stone body

The flagellant’s body is hewn from the same stone used to create the automatons and machines of Atlantis, as a result of this they no longer can eat or drink, nor do they have to. That being said they can still feel pain and no longer have access to the intoxication of wines to block it out.

Walking garden

To further taunt/humiliate the flagellant their body contains a large amount of fertile soil from which grape vines grow and entangle them. This frankly bizarre punishment means that the bloodless flagellant is always carrying some food on them all while crushed grapes leak into a basin, aging in the sun and becoming a potent wine which they may never have the joy of drinking.

Bacchant combat madness

As a Maenad the flagellant knows how to rip and tear apart those who they do not see eye to eye with. In order to prevent such psychotic rampages the thin arms of the bloodless flagellant are forever clutching the basin-urn which carries the wine they can never taste.

Equipment:

Basin-urn

A large and heavy clay urn with a flared out funnel-top The inside of the urn is lined with copper like an ancient cooking pot.

Apperance: A tall thin stone statue of a woman, riddled with cracks and covered in vines that erupt from their back, hands permanently enclosed around a large basin-urn. Faint magical light occasionally emirates from the cracks when there is little to no light present.
Bio: The bloodless flagellant has had their identity stripped away from them after committing some heinous act in a Bacchant ritual (most likely involving the dismemberment of one or more people, due to their feminine appearance and voice they believe that they were a Maenad priestess prior to having their mind incarcerated within this stone prison.
@Jcton

Also, would Atlantis know about the Americas?

Accepted, (sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner)

If they did know about the Americas, it would be of similar stature to a legend, or like Vinland, where few attempted to explore the lands, but not many would stay.

For those wondering I’ll be at work, so I won’t be responding to the RP.

1 Like

So like… Is it possible for there to be an oracle or clairvoyant that Leonida can go to?

If you just need a rout for information to get yo your character, you could have them go to Dragonborn. (My character’s alias that is an informant. )