A Bionicle Cinematic Universe

I think he means that the name “BIONICLE” is too bizarre and is sorta “alien” to the English language, so maybe people should simply the name to give it to a broader audience.

1 Like

it would be a lot easier to attract a new following without the name “Bionicle”. additionally the brand Bionicle now refers to okoto and the new cast.

@TawaOfFire

and a bit of that too

1 Like

Well, at this point we’re only writing right? I mean are we planning on trying to produce these films for profit? Because there’s some copywrite problems with that…

I want to keep going, but this really should be moved to another topic.

I said I’d like to remake G1’s story. I think we can’t manage to produce films. Not good ones anyway.

1 Like

I think we should do it for fun, for the heck of it. I’ve never been in a community writing project before…

I know, that’s my point. My understanding was that this was a fan writing project, why would we need to market it to other audiences?

That sounds like a bad motivation. I have no interest in participating in a project that’ll be sub-par. I seriously want this to be something people commit to so that we can make a great story.

That’s my point.

Good. Then we’re in agreement.

@matanui606 @ToaSonus
Made a new topic:
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/community-writing-project-bionicle-cinematic-universe/20613

So. I think we already established that for many reasons, producing a movie is out of our scope.

Look what happened at BIONICLE: The Next Gen, a fan movie project. No matter how many people and animators worked on it, it ended up getting canned after a few years of production.

Now, let’s focus on the writing project and move our conversation there.

An appearance in a LEGO Movie would be good. I think there’s potential for Bionicle, as well as Buildable Figures to be in the second LEGO Movie. Although, as aforementioned, it wouldn’t be financially right to make a LEGO Bionicle Movie. There isn’t really much demand for a Bionicle movie either. I feel like it would take some writers who are familiar with fantasy and sci-fi universes, and writers that are experienced in the movie and animation department to write the movie.

You know what, though, once all of Journey to One comes out, you kind of have yourself a Bionicle Movie if you combine all of the episodes together.

1 Like

I feel that an alternate universe for G2 is a bit uncalled for right now. We’ve just gotten a new universe, and very little information about it.

If that were a reality, I would totally be on bard with it

As I have scrolled through the there are mix opinions some for it others not so much. While my idea/plan my never come true it is great to see feedback, even thought this is just a mere dream of mind, just imagine the possibility of the stories and characters that could come forward. For those that believe this would ruin it, you would never now even if it would fail while Lego would go for it the idea is there and even if I can’t kickstart a cinematic universe I will at least try to creat a trilogy or saga if possible. Leave a thought if you agree or disagree and if TTV Podcast reads this don’t be afraid to bring it up ask me a question as to why I started this topic?