A few small Bionicle questions

Wait does that mean the middle one is canon?

2 Likes

It’s concept art - so the canonicity is debatable. It’s more of like “what the designers were intending” rather than a strictly “canon” image.

4 Likes

Woah there, calm down! I’m not taking any of this seriously. Hence why I said:

All I’m pointing out is that there’s a lot of unexplained things involving the GSR, most of which are kinda silly or convoluted (a lot of Bionicle’s deep lore is).

And I’m aware those images are fan art, but I used them as illustrations of possible layouts of the inside of the GSR since we don’t have an official source. Not to mention, regardless of what it looks like, the Southern Continent is canonically in Mata-Nui’s lower torso region, and I agree with this statement:

I’m a storyteller, a visual one especially, so it does still massively urk me that the place named after the heart, that is called “the heart of the universe,” and serves the exact same function as a human heart is not located where it should be, thematically.

Also for some reason for me it really spoils the whole epic feel of 08/09 knowing that the Toa and Makuta are effectively fighting for the fate of the world in Mata-Nui’s bowels and not his chest.

Also, yes, I am well aware of the Karda-Nui waterfall, and that Matoro fell through it. I just think it’s very funny that there’s a Voya-Nui-shaped hole through the middle of the continent raining water from the sky.

That being said, in another world, that would have been such a cool way to hint at the MU being inside something from the very beginning. It’s another little nod like the Three Finger Islands.

2 Likes

Would that essentially make the Makuta an allegory to Taco Bell?

4 Likes

Indeed, the darkest of evils.

2 Likes