A hypothetical question about Lewa

If there were to be a perfect color scheme for a toa of air, it would be completely transparent… which would be lame. The color green conveys cleanliness and liveliness, as well as thriving animal/plant life, something that air SHOULD be filled with. So making a toa of air green, not only represents the cleanliness of air, but the life that thrives in the wild… so it represents both air and nature.

2 Likes

I mean, I chose cyan and white to look like the sky, with clouds. Green is a good choice, it worked just fine for G1; I’m just proposing a dark timeline where we can’t have green = air anymore, one which I fear we’ve entered based on G2.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought about those colors representing the sky… that makes a lot more sense

2 Likes

technically, Cyan is the combination of green and blue. Azure might work better, but assuming the majority of air powers are wind powers, I think a light grey might work best - the color associated with hurricanes and tornadoes.

Yeah, but I wanted it to stand out more from the colors used for Water. Azure is basically Mata blue, or at least close to it. And grey sounds super boring, especially for a children’s toy. Cyan seemed like a good compromise, especially since it’s close to green on the color wheel.

Option B.

Since plants make O2 as they take in CO2 during photosynthesis it really doesn’t make much of a difference to me, even though I do prefer the word “air” over “jungle” because it’s an actual element, I love the color green and would hate to see it get shafted for another blue or something especially when water and phionics already have it.

eljay will get extremely mad

2 Likes

One thing I need to clear up here: cyan is not blue. This is blue, which is Gali’s color:

This is cyan:

Big difference; we only consider cyan to be “light blue” in the west because of our cultural assumptions, much like how we think brown is its own thing when it’s really just dark orange. Cyan light is closer to green on the visible light spectrum, making it the least-derived alternative to green. It’s also close to the color of the sky, so the cyan-and-white colors represent the sky and clouds to closer fit Lewa’s element.

2 Likes

If air bionicles become white and cyan, what happens to ice ones? That’s one of my biggest confusions with the two choices. White and silver might look better on your concept of an “air” colored toa.

Ko-Matoran remain predominantly white, and can still have cyan or light blue as a secondary color. White would be Air’s secondary color, much like how blue is the secondary color for Psionics and the primary color for Water. I wanted to avoid designating metallic colors for anything, since those aren’t really unique colors, just existing colors with a particular texture.

I liked it.