A Series of Letters Between Two Great Beings

My dearest Angonce,
The work upon the robot you have conceived is moving along at an alarming rate. Completion within 23 cycles imminent, respond if any quarrels.
Sincerely,
Heremus

Closest Heremus,
I don’t have anything to add to the robot, work may continue as planned. You and your team have shown a wonderful ethic, the knowledge that will come from it is invaluable.
As I have begun to converse with the inhabitants of this world about the robot, I have become aware of a concern, and it has been plaguing me in the strangest of ways.
Are we really great? The matoran and the agori call us the Great Beings still, but why? We’ve left them, only to tend to our own selfish desires of creation. The element lords are unquestionably beautiful amalgamations, but they are certainly not infallible. How much longer before the planet comes to war? The energized protodermis is unstable, we don’t know what effect it could have on the inhabitants.
Please give me some aid in answering my queries.
Sincerely,
Angonce

Angonce,
The agori are spiteful, that is all. Energized protodermis is stable, we both know. They are too weak to ever war against us or each other. The element lords rule justly, you know this. Why are you asking me such things? It is concerning me, Angonce.
With sympathy,
Heremus

Dear Heremus,
The agori are much more intelligent than we ever assessed them to be. There are only three cycles left before the completion of the robot, and you and I know how controversial that has been. No one of us can tell how this might end.
Perhaps after the robot leaves it would be best for us to hide. The agori can bear us no longer.
Sincerely,
Angonce

Angonce,
Today the robot will launch. This is the greatest moment in the history of our race. Do not damper it with your worries of approval by the agori. They aren’t worth our time. Knowledge is the ultimate power, not strength. No matter how strong they might grow, we can never be bothered to worry about them.
Gladly,
Heremus

9 Likes

Good write, good read. :smile:

1 Like

Really captures who the Great Beings are well.

1 Like

this was really good, I like the two sides these great beings are, one of them worrid, the other on confident

2 Likes

I really like the concept behind it.

1 Like

Nice. Very descriptive and fluent. :smiley:

1 Like