A Series of Unfortunate Events

Who else loVes these books? :3

Bonus: Apparently, NetFlix will be aDapting the series as a TV show.

2 Likes

I loved them. I also hated them.

To be serious, though, they were… interesting. I was never sure whether I liked them or not.

I only read the last 5, though.

Spoiler alert

The ending is awesome, in a way. With one word, the author makes a reveal about the whole story. Talk about a twist ending.

1 Like

I freaking love the series.
And I did not know Netflix is adapting the series.

1 Like

Did anyone ever see the Movie?

:smiley:

:frowning:

Nah but seriously, I think I can understand why. They’re well-written and surprisingly clever, but they’re very dark and at times sadistic to the protagonists. I’d recommend checking out the earlier books if you’re up for it though; they’re all good on their own and it’s interesting to see how all the mysteries and characters develop.

I know, they’re great!

I just found out yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m hoping it runs out well; I thought the movie was decent but would’ve been better as a TV series.

1 Like

Are they? I thought that trailer for Netflix was proven to be fan-made.

1 Like

I especially liked the ending to the books.

1 Like

It was, but Netflix announced that they’re going to make a show months ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed. I can remember sitting in a daze, trying to fully process everything, when I finished the last book.

1 Like

Oh man, I just got the movie based on those books today. That looks interesting!

remember the movie?

Nope, don’t think anyone remembers the movie. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I liked the movie. It wasn’t as good as the books, but it was well-acted and did a good job of covering the first three books, which are too short to be their own movies (unless Peter Jackson directs them, but I’d prefer not to think about that).

I read them at some point under the recommendation of a friend. As I recall, I enjoyed it, however now they are but vague memories. Perhaps some day I will pick them up once more.

1 Like

I remember enjoying them. Although you probably shouldn’t read them when your really depressed.

Who remembers this:

2 Likes

the new netflix trailer’s not fanmade. It couldn’t be. it was officially released

It was confirmed to be ersatz, I’m afraid. Fake Trailer Netflix 'Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events'

1 Like

So the series came out and it was terrible. No one should ever watch it. The show will wreck your evening, your whole life and your day. Every single episode is nothing but dismay.

just kidding. It’s great.

3 Likes