AFOL Passion Survey

LEGO has launched another one of those fan surveys, I assume as part of their free market research:

In their words:

This survey is designed to measure your passions and interests as an Adult Fan of LEGO (AFOL) and how well official and unofficial touchpoints fuel your passion. Please help us understand what you love the most and how we can better serve the needs of the community.

The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to finish and is completely anonymous.

7 Likes

I’ve answered the survey. What my passion boils down to is basically what I enjoyed playing with as a kid. Also that I’m more active and enjoying fan hubs more than official ones mostly due to the preceding reason

5 Likes

I’ve taken the survey and lied on every single answer!! muahahaahahahhaahh

I don’t think anything will become of it.

5 Likes

Honestly I’ve been building way more gunpla then lego. I do want some like hydro bounty and semi pay attention to news but lego has turned into that impulse buy toy for me that very little desires are pre planed that I really want this set.

2 Likes

I’m glad my current apathy about LEGO will be useful for their analytics.

3 Likes

I buy a set only once in a while; it’s not my entire life or anything, especially when their sets are so expensive. There are other interests that compete for my time and money.

2 Likes

Other then the hydro bounty I’m the same mostly with a lot of speed champions and other 20-30$ sets.
I’ll be shopping and 20 bucks for some cool looking vehicle / mech or maybe a minifigure with a bunch of extra peices; why not?

2 Likes

Looking at the other responses to this topic…I seem to have a very unpopular opinion in liking the larger Lego sets. I mean, I like the $20-30 ones as much as the next guy, but in many cases, I still appreciate the larger ones.

Honestly my sweet spot is 40 or below for pure impulse and maybe 20-30 more if it’s a set that I kinda wanted after hearing about it and find in store. Basically lego hasn’t made too much that I absolutely need to get / preorder and the ones they do make I just don’t have 300$ to drop like that.

3 Likes

For the record, when I saw the leaked pictures of the Monkie Kid Bone Demon set, I knew right then and there that I wanted that set. Even though it was $120, the feeling was still there. Usually, I take some time to ponder whether a set is really worth the money, but there are also times when I just know that I want it.

1 Like

Same here. That set and the hydro bounty for a moc.

1 Like

I don’t buy LEGO anymore.

I don’t have the money to spend on ultimately overpriced toys.

1 Like

Honestly, after doing this, I’m just glad I had a chance to vent about how lego threw away both the LMB’s and the LG’s for the ultimately inferior lego life app. Aka, discount Instagram.

3 Likes

I do still buy lego but it’s low on the stuff I want totem pole.

1 Like