Ahmawk the Uh.. Selfmoc (LDD)

No pal im pretty sure there was that 1 Update and im releasing a new one here in a lil’ bit. so just get with my updating schedule. Ive fixed the gaps. i made the bones lessss skinnybones. Theres more silver. A new weapon and a update to the old weapon

mate.

OG post, 18 hours ago, 13 hours ago.

@Directere_Krennic is right, mate.

3 Likes

Still i have my updating schedule its a quick one because i accept ALOT of critisizm.
So cant you just deal with it and actually talk about the MOC Please? i look forward to what your thinking about it. :slight_smile:

mate.

@Directere_Krennic is saying, don’t CONSTANTLY update it every 2 hours.

take your time. actually try and make something beyond a basic CCBS skeleton.

3 Likes

I would tend to disagree with this statement. However that’s neither here nor there.

What matters is the MOC. First off…I get that you like trans-orange but this is excessive on a level where it hurts the MOC by default. I’ve heard of color schemes not working out but this takes the cake by far. Two, there’s zero consistency in the armoring and coloring. You’ve got trans-orange upper arms with skeleton armor, and trans-orange lower legs with mechanical armor.

Not to mention you have some sort of fur on the chest going in the worst direction possible, the actual chestplate is nearly invisible because of the color, and the actual design heavily suffers from T-orso Syndrome.

I realize that what I’m about to say is incredibly harsh, and I apologize, but I’m afraid the only thing I can say to this is “start over”, or at least try something different than you have going. Building things of actual parts helps keep things like translucent colors in check, so that would be a good start to fixing the issue of the colors. Otherwise…proportions, inconsistent armoring, and lack of cohesion between the different areas of the MOC really bring this down a lot.

4 Likes

Really mate. I worked 11 hours on this for nothing. 11 hours planning and building just to get someone to say i have to restart, My answer is fine. i will restart. but if it gets at least 3 very negative comments its going right back to this.

@AMocXperience324
Since you’ve edited your post so quickly, I’ll respond in kind.

I’m sorry but 11 hours is nothing. Most good MOCs from the top-tier MOCists take weeks or days to finish. Maybe you don’t have the time for it, and that’s understandable, but it brings up the point that time spend won’t affect opinions on the end result.

I’ll state something as final word. People don’t give critique to make you feel bad, they give you critique to make you better. Not putting the advice given throughout this thread into effect would be figurative suicide for the MOC itself. I highly recommend re-reading all the comments before you start on something new.

2 Likes

Im Still changing him. and dont try and stop me.

Where did I try to stop you?

No seriously please quote it.

I have less than no interest in stopping you, I want to see the MOC improved.

4 Likes

Does this look good so far?

Looks better than the original, although it still baffles me why it’s so large. The limbs are too spindly for the final product to work, and the lower arms are WAYYY too short for the upper arms.

Still, it’s already a significant improvement. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

well… (looks at all the mocs I make in an 2 hours)

But I agree, but it doesn’t have to take weeks to finish. As I said, I usally build things in an hour or two, but before that I usually have an idea of what I want to do, and I’ve made some failed attempts before hand.

Also, bigger doesn’t mean better.

2 Likes

this.

y’know, like my old self-moc.

3 Likes

I disagree pretty immensely with the point about adults, but most of this is pretty accurate.

I’ll go on record and state that I’m somewhere around the age of 16, and most people certainly wouldn’t refer to me as a noob to MOCing. I don’t mean to sound like an egomaniac, but I think I’m quite good at what I do.

Your points about money are interesting, although I don’t see a difference between G2 and HF…actually in my dictionary I don’t see a difference between CCBS and the original series. They’re both parts I use for the same purposes. I guess that’s just a person-by-person thing though.

Also, this isn’t directed at you but…well, everybody. What is this stupid obsession with the community saying “bigger is better”? Maybe I’m just defensive of small MOCs because I have the smallest base scale of my entire group of MOCing friends, but big does not by default make something good. The only thing that should matter in the end is how it looks.

/endrant

5 Likes

not being a noob doesn’t mean you’re good /s

But TBH I’m pretty good at making lego mecha, but still a long ways away from what other people make. The thing is that age comes with experience

1 Like

In my example those were implied to go hand in hand, but you are correct.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

people think bigger has more detail, more greebles, and, in turn, “more impressive”

i find that to be malarkey, but, y’know, opinions.

3 Likes

[recreating previous reply because it was flagged]

I can’t really comment the new model at the moment but you took people replies seriously:

While something like this I agree, the other…[quote=“Ekorak, post:25, topic:29640”]
I realize that what I’m about to say is incredibly harsh, and I apologize, but I’m afraid the only thing I can say to this is “start over”
[/quote]

Not saying you shouldn’t do this but, I find that somewhat desperate of making a new model just to please someone. I can’t control you but I hope you made the right decision.

1 Like

Closed on Author’s Request

4 Likes