Akani of Paleva

Akani is a Toa of Lightning and a legendary hero of the Matoran Universe. Wielding the powerful Bow of Votoua, she time and again proved herself, being one of the great Toa who participated in the War against the Barraki.

The Bow of Votoua is a mythical weapon once wielded a by an ancient protector of the Matoran Universe who was active even before the arrival of Mata Nui. It has innate Lightning powers, manifesting phyical lightning bolts to shoot and is thus independent of ammunition. It takes several seconds for the bow to charge up another shot, though, making rapid fire not an option.
In the hands of a being with elmental Lightning powers, the bow unlocks its true potential, however. Fueled by the wielder’s elemental powers and elemental control, the bow gains additional strength and can now be used for rapid fire, bolts can be split up to hit multiple targets or can be guided by the wielder’s will.

To back up her archery skills and elemental powers, Akani is well-versed in weaponless combat. In addition she wears the Kanohi Amatkau, Great Mask of Slingshot, which allows her to charge up objects with telekinetic energy upon touch and then launch them in a predetermined direction with a mental trigger.

The MOC is actually very poseable.

The special design of the bow allows it to actually be “drawn”. You’ll have to imagine the lightning bolt, but just for the sake of it I added an arrow in the right picture.

Just 1 unit taller than a standard Inika build!

So… I had two hookblades in my hands the other day and thought they’d look great as a bow.

Yeah, that’s basically the sole reason why I built this MOC. :stuck_out_tongue: Turned out really well, though, I’d say. Also now that the character exists I might as well use Akani again at some point…

As usual - C&C appreciated!

51 Likes

Those Chirox blades look like a nice bow.

2 Likes

This is really nice. The bow design using those Chirox blades is awesome. Also, glad to finally see someone use the Nokama Hordika head.

1 Like

Nice work! Chirox’s blades certainly do work for her bow. And as for Akani herself, she looks great, and her poseablity is quite impressive!

2 Likes

That is one heckin amazing bow, great use of the Bohrok eyes too.

1 Like