Another Matoran Custom

This MOC is outside of my normal fare, but I saw a design on Flickr that inspired me to create limbs out of the friction cups rather than the normal bones. I think it gives this guy an interesting look. What do you guys think?

33 Likes

Interesting.
He’s gonna be one tough cookie to take apart though.
I think he’d look better if you made the hands look smoother. Maybe with some of those round anti-tiles on his palms and something on the back? The rest of the build is all circles and stuff.

4 Likes

looks pretty good, but as Gringat said, some better hands may be in order. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I feel that given the blocky torso the legs feel off, maybe if the legs were shorter to Harken back to the mctoran it would be less awkward to me.
I’d say lose atleast half of the friction adders on the legs.

2 Likes

Wait a minute…

You made a MOC that turns the Av-Matoran torso into something that’s not utterly hideous and dysfunctional?

10/10…you deserve a cookie.

Nice use of the gearbox to fill out the torso, but his limbs must be a heck of a job to pose with all those friction extenders. The head attachment also seems a little odd to me, but I guess it can’t be helped. Nice job!

2 Likes

the matoran of friction. I hate friction adders, everytime I try to move them they pop out
but well he looks cool

Interesting. I don’t seem to have that trouble with mine. I wonder why that is? Maybe there are two different versions of them or something.

I like how you used the av-matoran body.

1 Like

I didn’t even notice that until you mentioned it that’s good integration!

Very interesting use of the Av- Matoran body!

1 Like

I almost thought the body was completely custom, then I saw the Av-Matoran body.
Kudos to you, sir!

1 Like

It’s actually not that hard to pry off friction joints. Don’t pull it off straight up, take it to a side.

1 Like

True dat. I’ve never had any trouble disassembling them or popping off unexpectedly.

1 Like

I don’t know how people can live popping off limbs upwards and not to the side. It’s so easy and efficient.

2 Likes

He looks tight! :smile:

That’s a very creative use of the 2015 gearbox!

1 Like

Very interesting use of the friction joints. I like it

I have never seen a more clever use of friction joints.

1 Like

Great use of AV matoran body and overall nice moc.

I really like how well this flows together. And the lighting is excellent.

1 Like