AnthonyM's MOCs: Zakonu, the Spacewalker (Self-MOC)

I feel this is jarring to many people due to the color scheme. Not every moc has to be the class two colors or two colors with a highlight color.
Look at it as just a moc, it’s intresting and unique with a few strange technics. Now look at the colors, although it’s s lot of them the colors flow. So look to see if things flow and work before say “too many colors=bad”, it actually works pretty well.

1 Like

Let me give my rebuttals.

Forearm armor sticks too far out, you say. They’re meant to be reflector shields.

Butt rocket? I see his holstered M39 Futran Blaster.

Before you judge, look at my whole Flickr album.

Did you link the album? I didn’t see it, maybe I just missed it.

I did, they look exactly the same (I’m judging the version shown on the boards). Just because you give a feature a name, it doesn’t make it better. For example, The entire Trans. Orange armor issue with the Summer Wave. Most thought it was OK as they thought it to be flesh that remained from the set’s past, but story shouldn’t excuse bad design choices. Now I’m not trying to say that it is terrible, but story shouldn’t make the model.

1 Like

I’d link the album, but it just shows up as that picture at the top. My Flickr account is TrueArena111 as well.

Ah ok

Good moc, but… What is he?

I actually really like that colour scheme. I’m not even sure why, I mean it’s all over the place but it looks really cool!
And the MOC itself is also really nice!

He’s not a specific type of character, really. I’m not going to label him as a Toa, because he’s really meant to be a time-travelling inventor.

he looks cool, but weird. not in a bad way, but for example, the piece you used for the eyes makes him look dim-witted, like a sheep. Also, there isn’t enough going on at the bottom of his legs and feet to flow with the rest of his body. I know that he’s wearing a suit full of gadgets (and I applaud the fact that you pulled this off), but his lower-legs look like they’re missing something compared to the rest of his body.
8/10

Zakonu’s face isn’t a face; it’s a computer screen with lights that correspond to his actual face. (I plan to make or find a way to commission someone to make custom face pieces.)

As for the legs, I really couldn’t help that. I have further upgraded Zakonu, so you might want to check that out.