Archer (self-MOC)

This guy looks amazing, I love it. The swords are really cool, but the bow looks really weird (Bad) to me. Also, why the elastic bands on the cape/cloak/robe?

Overall rating:

4.5/5

Thank you, everyone. Your praises have inflated Archer’s ego tenfold.

I’ve got this itchy feeling that you really do not like Archer, Stormy.
And I’ll be honest. I use ‘literally’ like a white girl on tumblr.
Oh, and citing my “main source of inspiration” would be more correct.
bangbang
shots fired

This is the most interesting comment so far, because I find the latter half of your critique very strange. That’s not to say it’s invalid.

The bow, yeah, I wasn’t really going for a traditional recurve bow feel and I see now that that did not work out for me. I’ll see to that for the next version.

The thing that I wish for the cloth to be, I do not know the name for, but it’s comparable to the brown cloth that Boba Fett is often portrayed with. It’s not a cape, cloak nor robe, and just something draped over his left shoulder. The rubber bands are there to ensure that it stays to one side and is cramped nicely together to give it the feel I wanted. Not to say I got it perfect, either. The red one, though, has absolutely no business being there nor is needed, so frankly I have no idea why I didn’t remove it before taking pictures.

Thank you very much for the critique, it will prove invaluable for the making of the next version.

1 Like

Simple look and feel, yet has a complex build. Amazing work!

2 Likes

And with that, good sir, you’ve made my day and I can rest easy knowing what I set out for in my self-MOC has finally been accomplished.

1 Like

No problem good sir!

1 Like

Love the color scheme, also bow n arrows make it look sick!

2 Likes

Yeah, uh huh, you know what it is
Everything I do, I do it big
Black 'n yellow, black 'n yellow, black 'n yellow, black 'n yellow

1 Like

inwardly debates making a SP1 Frame color swap to make an Archer MOC

remembers he has no Atakus helmet

rip in peace

2 Likes

Skraaaalllllllllllll…skrrrraaaaalllllllllllllll

1 Like

?

No that’s Atakus.

Skrall had more rounded helmets.

1 Like

No I know what it is, I am just saying that you could have used the Skrall helmet.

1 Like

What makes you think I have the Skrall helmet? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Development trivia:
Honestly, the Atakus helmet was used because I felt like it resembled the Skull Warrior helmet. This is due to the fact that early in development “Archer” was meant to be a pre-death Skull Warrior, based on my personal headcanon that the Skull villains are the G2 Barraki. In said hypothesis, Carapar would be Skull Warrior and thus keetorange and black were the chosen colors.

Just before release, I decided: no, this isn’t G2 Carapar, this is Archer, my self-MOC (for various reasons that I can find no particular purpose in divulging).

Point is, @RaptorTalon and @Ekorak, you can use anything you like in creating a version of the elusive, No-Name-Given character that is Archer. With [No Name Given][1] this character’s appearance being different each time wouldn’t bother me too much, honestly. The important part is the name (and thus the bow in addition), that’s pretty much it.
[1]: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoNameGiven

1 Like

I could be wrong about this but if I’m not it’s kind of obvious that he was mata-nui in his past life. Also, I don’t really like the silver but everything else is good.

I don’t want to confirm or deny things about Archer’s mystique, as I plan to keep up this painful teasing of his real identity for a while, but Archer’s not a deity of any kind, he’s just a normal man who’s tempered his body through countless battles to chase an ideal. But what happened when that ideal became reality? Did that change him somehow? Into a character we now know by another name? Who can say?

Notable update, cleaning up what people didn’t like. Bow is not yet done. Swords are now one. Spread out silver, added arrowheads to his belt, texture to lower legs, filled in shoulders, rearranged bits. All is well now, right? If there are still critiques, please let me know of them!

3 Likes

That’s a pretty big sword he’s got

shoulda been a killing edge

2 Likes

In my opinion most of this moc is pretty solid with the custon body and legs and the cool bone hunter head and the arms looking decent. I feel the weapons are useless as the blade is upside down and the bow would realisticly not work as a bow. In my opinion although archer is cool i think the other self moc is better

Other self-MOC? Eyun or Wreax? Most people prefer Wreax, my original, from what I can gather. But a few prefer my last one, Eyun, too.

1 Like

I just have an issue seeing this as your SelfMOC, Wreax is engraved in my brain when I think “EMM”