Are Other Building Block Toys Bad?

I do know that this community is set with the common interest of Lego sets, however, this topic is not to promote anything, but is a topic I feel Lego fans can relate too? I will give an example but if this becomes a problem please note I’m only doing this for a discussion and not to spam, or do anything hurtful in any way. So please put down the torches and stop threatning the candy apples.

With that said, do any of you consider other building block based sets, for example, Mega Bloks bad or even, EVIL? Personally I don’t, I buy a lot of stuff that isn’t Lego nor even building block related. I don’t feel ashamed of it, it’s just I buy what I want to. I won’t note the other stuff I’m into unless asked, but again the question remains.

Again, note to spew hate if any, just a topic I think Lego fans can relate to.

3 Likes

I really enjoy the product that Lego produces because it is more durable, affordable and efficient.

But I also enjoy K’nex, but I consider it more of a tool then a toy, even though it’s a toy :slight_smile:

I do not like Mega Blocks, but whatever. :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually bought some of the Dragon sets, not good, though the Halo set nowadays aren’t bad. Just saying, seems like both Lego and MB have made large impacts on quality in the past 5 years.

1 Like

I really enjoy collecting the Mega Bloks Halo figures and vehicles. Also, the figures are way better than Lego’s. Except the hands and joints breaking sometimes.

2 Likes

I don’t like them. I don’t hate them.

I am indifferent.

2 Likes

I love the new Call of Duty line by Mega Bloks. The only problem I’ve had with them is that the instruction manual for the boat had some of the pages were stuck together and when I pulled them apart they got easily damaged.

1 Like

Yes. :slight_smile:

Google Blocks suck.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t be ashamed of buying Lego knockoffs, just like you shouldn’t be ashamed of buying Legos themselves. Buy whatever you want, it’s your hard-earned money.

2 Likes

The deal with me is this:
K’nex was cool until they started ripping off lego bricks, kre-o was just a cheaper way to hasbro to cash in lego like transformers and their other themes arent too good either, all the direct knock offs (that usually come from china) that straight off rip everything off about lego get no respect from me but an dissapointed look, and megabloks’ s only line that would make me buy some is halo(I have the halo 4 warthog, halo wars banshee, the chopper, troop pack, and arctic pilot fig). Just my opinion but the answer is no. Dont feel ashamed I learned it the hard way…

2 Likes

Mega Blocks don’t stick very well. I refuse to buy them.

4 Likes

Thanks guys, and Chronicler trust me, I know them feels.

2 Likes

Kre-O CityVille Invasion much?

2 Likes

Not sure if it counts, but I utterly despise the Knex Mario Kart line.

1 Like

The only clone brand I enjoy building is MegaBlocks. All the others aren’t great.

7 Likes