Artahka, Architect of the Universe (MOV)

So about a year ago I got my hands on a Stud.io file of WholesomeGadunkas Artahka model, I really liked the design but I wasn’t crazy about how many parts would need painting, so, using Stud.io built in colour validator, I recoloured everything to more closely match WombatCombats winning Artakha but to also minimise how many parts would need painting. This is the result.

This is the intial render of my recolour, plus using Galvas model of Perp3tual’s Mask of Creation. Then I made a shopping list and got to work.

On my shelf, minus cape

Overall I’m pretty happy with the outcome and Artahka makes a fine addition to my shelf, the cape is from Furno XL and loops around the pistons to Artahka’s waist to more accurately depict him in the winning artwork. In the end there are only 4 painted parts.

Hopefully you guys enjoy!

Bonus: Posed with Karzahni (gerou100 design)

Bonus: Wearing KhingK’s Mask of Creation cast in Pearl Dark Grey by SocketballMasks

29 Likes

ooo fun!

1 Like

Can we have instructions

This is great! could we get more photos of that Karzanhi?

1 Like

@WholesomeGadunka you gotta see this bro

The color scheme works so well, it’s incredible. Fantastic effort.

6 Likes

The canon mask fits WholesomeGadunka’s model super well. Nicely done!

Have you considered keeping the trans-blue pieces the same from the original model? That might look cool.

WG has a how-to-build video for Artakha, and generously included a studio file and parts list in the description:

https://youtu.be/PWgoc3Z25H8

4 Likes

Ahh this moc is awesome!! I love all the greebly mechanical details and the colors work very well. Great moc

1 Like

I always found it strange that WG’s Artakha used so much system, yet every sand green part was painted.

I definitely like this model more. Everything just flows better, the greebling feels purposeful, not included just for the sake of greebling. Less painting is also a plus. Nice work.

why’d you get rid of the 3x3 dish on the chest though?

4 Likes

@Enbeanie This is great! could we get more photos of that Karzanhi?

Sure thing!

@Atobe_Brick Have you considered keeping the trans-blue pieces the same from the original model?

I did initially but personally I tend to reserve transparent bricks for heartlights, so I decided against it ultimately but it still looks very good either way!

@Stuubh why’d you get rid of the 3x3 dish on the chest though?

i forgor :skull:

4 Likes

Dude! I love that. Personally I wish the chest still had trans blue, but I respect it.

4 Likes

I mean since it’s your design in the first place, why not give it a shot? ^^

And while I’m at it here’s the alt chest with the design as it was in the initial render

(I actually like this a lot I’ll probably stick with this one :shushing_face:)

6 Likes

The dish definitely helps balance the color scheme.

trans blue looks cool too

2 Likes

Aw man ngl, the dish in the chest is strong too.

2 Likes