Artakha Defends His Home - Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker, Part 2 (Art)

For those who cannot read matoran at a glance, I am of course using Khingk’s mask design The Legendary Mask of Creation by KhingK - Thingiverse

I changed up the colours and details just a tad, I hope this is within acceptable perameters. I wanted to make the mask gold, but for it to also fit with the rest of the body. Artakha is a fierce leader, who has put many beings to death in order to keep his island safe. The Kraata in his fist is merely a small example of his ruthless streak, and a reminder that the Toa code does not apply to him.

37 Likes

RIP Rahkshi

Having Artakha defending his island is something I have never seen before and I am honestly glad to see his more brutal side.

Amazing!

7 Likes

Nice art but I’m not sure I like the gold on his shoulders and knees but overall a good entry. I also like how the island of Artakha has elements that inspired Metru Nui.

5 Likes

This is amazing! Just a heads up so you have time to potentially fix it before 3:00 am, you’re probably going to have to make the gold armor pieces gray to match the original moc, with the exception of the mask, else you may be disqualified. I really hope you can, because this is really epic!

4 Likes

Haven’t heard anything to that effect from the mods yet, so fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It feels like it draws a lot (pun not not intended) more from your Artakha moc. Not that I mind too much, as I quite liked your moc, but I’m afraid that will cause it to be dq’d.

1 Like

I’ve just now had word at last from Meso, that the colour changes are indeed too much, and that they removed it from the new version of the polls. Here’s a version where the gold is limited to the mask.

7 Likes

I know they weren’t trying to do you dirty, but that just sucks. Hopefully this gets accepted back in!

5 Likes

It really sucks you were disqualified without a chance to correct your entry. I agree that the original coloring diverge to much from the MOC, but as you mentioned, it was an easy fix.

I hope this don’t discourage you from entering future contest.

7 Likes

WOW!!! Steller - absolutely stunning! I love everything, from the simple background to the architecture to the linework to the 2003 heat vision Rahkshi to even the faded effect! It bleeds finese, it’s the personification of power and snazziness and just… WOW!! This. Is. INCREDIBLE!! Definitely amongst my favourites from this contest! I love it!

1 Like

@Blue A pity that they do not warn about the subject officially, which seems irresponsible on the part of the staff.
How long did it take you to do the illustration?

2 Likes

Both pieces together with concept sketches, I guess about 12 hours over the course of three or four days?

I am never forgetting this entry because this entry is so great. This entry had no reason to be disqualified.

2 Likes