Artakha: Demigod of Creation (Bionicle Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Hi TTV! I’m incredibly stoked to share with you my interpretation of Artakha that I’ve been putting my blood, sweat and tears into for the last month or so. I wanted to lean into the ancient, imposing, slightly alien demigod vibe and I took some inspiration from Teridax’s movie depictions as they’re similarly ancient entities created by the Great Beings for somewhat similar purposes. I also wanted to make him look very G1, especially like the early G1 titans that were largely Technic based. Without further ado, feast your eyes and I hope you enjoy!

Entry photo:

Front view:

Side view:

Back View:

The Forgehammer of Artakha:

And here’s some breakdown photos (of course I can provide more upon request, as well as more detailed instructions if anyone would be interested, he’s a real fun build)

In conclusion, I’ve gotten so much joy out of seeing everyone’s models, they look phenomenal across the board and it’s going to be a tough competition! I also want to thank the TTV mods and Greg for hosting these contests, I think they’re an amazing thing to do for the community and provide awesome opportunities for all of you beautiful, talented and creative people.

Much love and play well!

22 Likes

I like it! The arms are cool.

Nice! This one’s got a cool silhouette and esthetic. I’ve never seen that torso piece before, but it looks like it would be very useful in MOCcing. :thinking:

1 Like

I really like the silhouette, stands out compared to the other entries. I also like the angelic look the gold blades give off. (also weren’t the Makuta designed by Mata Nui, not the Great Beings?)

Really cool take! Good luck in the polls :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch! I couldn’t decide if the wings were too extra or not (and originally built them just as a joke) but now I can’t imagine him without them. Also I checked BS01 and you’re totally right, good looks. I can imagine as they were all created in a very ancient time period that they would look somewhat similar. And I just love the digitigrade legs look lol

1 Like

It’s a Vahki torso part which I think is really gorgeous but it’s got this right angle 3 long connector coming out of it that makes it sort of hard to incorporate

1 Like