Artakha, Governor of The Forge (BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

[Entry]

Dear Bionicle Universe,

After almost 3 weeks of creation, I can finally present the holy of holies to you.
This is the first time that I have fashioned an MOC in this way. I tried to keep in mind as much as possible the description of Artakha: armor decorated with ancient symbols.

I hope that my creation will honor the Legend and Myth of the entire Bionicle universe.

[Alternate Entry]

The set was designed around the body of the Toa Mata, Knights’ Kingdom II parts to obtain the runes, and quite “old school” parts (debut year 1998-1999).

[Face, Side & Back preview]

Here are more pictures & other poses:

Size comparison:

Regarding his hammer, my main idea was that his hammer is an object above all to create. So he must be able to shape various objects, and especially must adapt the Kanohi to each Being. I created a hammer with a head, so that each blow perfectly shapes the masks. Artakha can therefore handle the different elements composing the Kanohi and sculpt it. He hooks the Kanohi to his hammer in order to forge it by striking it and bring his creation to life. The example with Gali’s Kanohi Kaukau:

In addition, a “motor” has been integrated into the hammer with a rotary valve system.
Gif weapon

To this, an element already apparent on the MOC was not presented: its light. Any good designer needs a minimum of visibility. The light is integrated with the same gear system as the Toa Mata and Nuva. Artakha’s “heart” is part of the gears and therefore moves at the same time as the light.
Gif lumière devant

Here are some photos that show the skeleton of the MOC:

By encouraging and wishing good luck to all participants, thank you to the Great Spirit for showing me a new way to create.

22 Likes

What a brilliant way of getting the ancient runes in there!! … I wish I’d thought of that :sweat_smile::joy:

Idk why exactly but I get a nice feel of Umbra out of this. Great build!

Thank you for the compliments ! , @Toa_Gua I agree we can’t think of everything for the ancient runes :sweat_smile:

@RanunculusWands thanks for the comparison ! It touches me, that my MOC is a feeling to a character like Umbra :+1:

2 Likes

This is A W E S O M E

1 Like

This is not how I’ve always envisioned Artakha… but it works! Maybe the color scheme could be improved

1 Like

@PohatuNuva It’s enriching to know that his own take on Artakha is a new way to approach the character, thank you ! :smile:

2 Likes