Artakha, Hammer of the Gods (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

My only issue is that the chest protrudes out too much but otherwise this is a solid entry

1 Like

Ohhhhhh I like the use of the canister lid, especially with the Hau representing Mata Nui.

4 Likes

I think we have a winner here, good job, dude.

2 Likes

Love the function. Not a fan of the hammer (too big to my taste), and he is a little gappy in the shoulders. I know that is a place holder, but the head make him look like a Dark Hunter

1 Like

@TheTDChronicler @KanohiReqi @Pylonmadness thanks guys!! I’m happy that you like functions as much as I do :smiley:

@The_Blue_Panda thanks! With the chest, I tried to mimick the look of those giant Gundam mechs a bit… I’m no Gundam expert tho, so I might have overdone it :sweat_smile:

@ProfSrlojohn thank you, glad you like it! :smiley:

@Spiderus_Prime wow, thanks a lot! :smiley:

@Huemus thanks, glad you like the function, and I find it interesting that the head reminds you of the Dark Hunters :smiley:

2 Likes

Props for the function.

1 Like

Great use of colo blocking! Though he looks a bit too… karzanish to me.

1 Like

@Darknova3529 haha thanks!

@SonicBionicleMaster thank you! I reckon there is someting karzahnish about him… I’d have loved to try and use KhingK’s mask, but I couldn’t secure one in time.

1 Like

Do you have a breakdown of the hammer?

@Smugg Sure, here you go:

Dang! That clapping hand function, i love it. That function is something that you barely see in bionicle. It honestly gives me a fullmetal alchemist vibe, which is fitting for Artakha.

As the look, it honestly looks a bit too much like karzahni, but i think that may be a good thing, since he is Karzahni brother.

1 Like

@Elemunt thank you very much for your kind words!! A lot of people seem to see some Karzahni in him - I didn’t think of it when building, but I can see the similarities with the horns and smile
(I wonder if Lego tried to echo the multiple horns of the Olisi with their design for the G2 Mask of Creation?)

I think the g2 mask of power is supposed to be reflective nature of the mask makers brother. Since ekimu is like a noble, wise, down to earth king so he got crowned like mask, while makuta got pharaoh like one, reflective his desire to be god, just how a pharaoh is a god-king

(Edit: I changed mask of creation into mask of power because im an idiot)

1 Like

@Elemunt Oh yeah, that sounds plausible (and cool) :smiley:

I like this moc a lot, the color scheme is good, the gear function is really cool, the overall appearance looks on point to me, however I just feel it doesn’t fit the character, looks more like Karzahni. Good job anyway

1 Like

@PohatuNuva Thank you very much! I might try to do a quick photoshop of it with the KhingK Mask of Creation (just for fun), as I think that may have a lot to say in how his overall appearance and personality is conceived

Edit: Here it is - I actually like it very much! :smiley:

(picture of the The Legendary Mask of Creation made by KhingK was found on The Legendary Mask of Creation #3DThursday #3DPrinting « Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers!)

7 Likes

Yeah, he looks a lot more Artakha-like with KhingK’s mask. That HF Breakout head just looks a bit too villainous. I suppose having him look kind of like Karzahni kind of makes sense, though.

I really love that clapping function. I wish more MOCs would include stuff like that.

The hammer seems a bit over the top in its size (and I question it’s effectiveness as a work hammer given the shaping of the front of the head), but I do appreciate the attempt to try and incorporate a Mata lid into the design.

1 Like

I didn’t know you made a function. That’s great plus for the Moc and I like the use of the rahkshi shell with the Bohrok body, they fit really weel for the feet.

1 Like

Man this moc has such a cheeky baller energy that I can’t not vote for it. The function is a sweet cherry on top, I appreciate the more out there motion of the arms boxing in a sucker’s ears as opposed to the traditional straight up and down. All that while still looking well put together and stylized.

The only downside to this winning is that no future mask of creation will keep the toothy grin and it’ll only look lesser for it.

1 Like

@Zebulan Thank you very much for your comment, especially concerning the Mata canister lid - I didn’t know if I’d ever get the chance to use one in a moc again, so I had to put it in there :slight_smile:
@Fanbyl Thank you so much! I’m very happy that you see it as a plus for the moc :slight_smile: and yeah, I also thought that the Bohrok and Rahkshi pieces have a similar stylish “flow” to them :sunglasses:
@WholesomeGadunka Thanks a lot for all your kind words! I’ve been a huge fan of both your Artakha and your username since day 1, so getting this comment from you put a big smile on my face :grin: (just like the mask!)

1 Like