Artakha (Meet the Maker)

Here is my interpretation of Artakha, the legendary creator. I envisioned him as a smith like character; he’s incredibly strong from all his years working the forge.

Main Image:

There were a few other things I kept in mind when building him. First, I wanted the armor to have the runes he is said to have.

“He stood at least 10 feet tall. His armor was gray-green and covered in runes carved at the beginning of time.”
— Reign of Shadows, Chapter 10

To me, the perfect part for this was the Hewkii Inika mask. It has an intricate pattern carved into it, which I think suits Artakha perfectly. Various other Gunmetal Grey parts seemed to echo the aesthetic of those masks. Some examples are the bohrok shields used as well as the backside of a thrornax launcher.

I also wanted to have some design elements in him that called back to the toa mata. For this, I decided to give him pistons on his abdomen just like the original toa had. I imagine that he took inspiration from himself in building them. Additionally I wanted to emphasize that him and Karzahni are brothers by using some of Karzahni’s parts throughout!

“His mask was the most ornate anyone had ever seen – more than just a Kanohi, it was a true work of art. The metallic protodermis from which it was forged was arranged in intricate patterns and designs, each reflecting one of the many cultures that flourished in the universe. The eye slits were angular and pointed, giving him an air of both wisdom and a vague sense of menace.”
— Reign of Shadows, Chapter 1

For the mask, although I understand it will not be the final cannon version, I wanted to have some visual similarities to the G2 mask of creation while making it more in line with the description from back in the day. The general shape of the mask is similar to the G2 version with fewer spikes on the top and with much more slanted eyes then the mask of creation we got. I think this version captures the wisdom and menace Artakha is said to exhibit.

For the hammer, I did not want to go too overboard with the size. But, I figured Artakha probably grabbed the biggest hammer he could find when he went to join the final battle. Maybe it is the same one used to hammer out the protodermis for the core vehicles! I am super happy with how the design of the hammer turned out. The HF helmet add ons help to make for a smooth transition between the handle and hammerheads.

If you’d like to see instructions for this model you can find them following this link. There are over a hundred pictures, so I figured it would be best to have an external album haha. If anyone builds this, I would seriously love for you to send some pictures of it :slight_smile: connect on my flickr and insta.

Here are a few more pictures of Artakha:

And my favorite picture of the bunch. (I figured it would not be good for the main shot because parts of him are obscured.)

If you like my interpretation of Artakha I’d appreciate your vote in the contest! Best of luck to all the other entries!

63 Likes

Forget 10 feet tall, he looks 100 feet tall!

5 Likes

I mean the description does say “at least 10ft tall” :rofl:

9 Likes

Man this is one of the best by far. I’m glad to that some of the best entries have been using gunmetal and green and I love the implementation of parts from Karzahni, the Toa Nuva and the Mistika.

This looks like a fun titan to build and photograph and I hope you do well :+1:

4 Likes

Oooh, quite like the use of the Pridak feet here, especially on the arms. They look nice and sleek!

4 Likes

Really smooth. I like it

1 Like

Oh my. The pridak feet and visorak legs make him look like he has super defined musculature, perfect for lifting weights in Bufftakha's Gym - #2 by Solaris_Magnus. I love this one. Really nice brick-built mask as well. Best of luck!

-Solaris Magnus

4 Likes

Wow, four Sanoks.

1 Like

Thanks all, glad you like it!

Thanks for the kind words, it was lots of fun making this guy!

Haha last time I checked I had one so I guess I got the other’s from inheriting friends bionicle collections and garage sales!

3 Likes

Well, this is the first entry in the entire contest I’m sure about voting for.

Everything is great about this, but those proportions are just the best!

3 Likes

Looks good, lots of interesting use of odd parts for unique texture to the armor. And a few details remind me of Karzahni…

2 Likes

Just saw this on reddit and ran over here to find it, amazing work!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks, I wanted to use some pieces from Karzahni to emphasize that they’re brothers!

Thank you!!

1 Like

I love the patterning you did with the sanoks.

1 Like

Excellent, amazing design!!!

1 Like

So god, definitely one of my favourite. It looks so smooth that first I was sure it must have an exoskeleton of CCBS shells and system pieces, but the shaping and texture is pretty much all G1 constraction!

2 Likes

There’s some incredibly unique parts usage on this guy, and the texture consistency is lovely. I think the Evo 2.0 headgear used on the hammer has to be my favorite thing you’ve done here, I never in a million years would’ve thought to use a piece that way.

3 Likes

I certainly hope you’re going to enter the “Gold-Skinned Being” contest - the way you’ve captured the look of muscle would be fantastic for that character. :wink:

2 Likes

Well he’s a BIG boi. Is an understatement.

Wow, this MOC is awesome. Also thumbs up for not using the Mask of Creation from G2 or THAT ONE custom 3D printed mask that’s used in every other Artakha submission. Good job!

1 Like