Artakha (Meet the Maker)

The truth is I am proud of my work and in fact the image was to take the situation with humor.
honestly, by the time of the photos and the labeling I was quite stressed looking for the parts to finish the job (since my priority was to have the model with 60% green), repairing the mask that had broken (in fact taking the photos hours before applying I had to re-glue the mask to a pin to be able to have them ready before the final) at that moment I was already more anxious to have everything ready. Originally the model would be ready on Wednesday the 23rd but one of the guys did not take the green pieces for change, the order was delayed until Thursday the 24th where I managed to get the missing piece of the model with a friend where a detail of the foot that was also corrected Note when assembling the model.
Although I had 3 weeks to have the model ready, I barely had a few days to coordinate the exchanges of parts in person and the delivery of the mask (whose location was in a sector of my city that was in quarantine by the covid).

with all that, imagine how I felt when I was disqualified
In the end, it is not only the disqualification, it is the whole process that I had to go through in order to have the model in its current state.

But ending with this post, thanks for the support given on the work done, I’m not sure if I will participate again, I paused a lot of things to carry this out, but here we are, I hope you liked the work;)

13 Likes

I can only imagine, it seems that you really gave so much to this MOC and I am truly sorry they DQ’d it. I really, really do like it and I hope you know that its both a fantastic entry and a testament to your skill and clear dedication to trying to make it as close to the descriptors as possible, something that even some of the best entries in the polls failed to do. Hopefully you reconsider for a future contest, as I feel that it would be a shame not to see your entry for one of those, but I understand where you are coming from.

Best

-Sol

4 Likes

By any chance could you give more breakdown photos?

i delete some of the photos from the post since they are no longer necessary but they are available on flickr

3 Likes

I’m really late to the party, but I just wanted to say that this will always be the canon Artakha for me. Not only does it look way the better than the winning entry, it looks like you can pose it without it tumbling down.

I hope the experience didn’t discourage you from participating in any future contests. With your skill you could win easily!

1 Like

i do really like this artakha, but i’m more distracted by what appears to be a really cool chromastone revamp in this picture.

Yes, it’s just a moc that I hope I can finish soon :3