Artakha - The Creator (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Ah, that’s perfectly reasonable - although a chrome Hau might work as a placeholder. KhingK’s mask would look good on Artakha. Pretty sure it can be photoshopped on if a picture is taken of your Artakha moc without his mask?

1 Like

Yeah the Chrome Hau seems dope too. Actually didn’t considered that on my options now that I’m thinking it, since the rules were 60% green, I didn’t know if it was enough green, so I had to make the decision with just dark-green masks, but yeah! I think a photoshop version could be better, I don’t know how to do it, I planned too, but I thought I will ruined.

If someone wants to make a photoshop version with the KhingK’s mask of creation, I could post my moc without mask in another Topic. It would help me out how it looks with that kanohi.

Sounds like a good idea. @MaskMaker was able to photoshop the masks made for the artwork contest with ease.

1 Like

Awesome! then I gonna start working on the pictures without mask to see if @MaskMaker wants to do a photoshop work, may not be for the contest or maybe I can change the pictures I post here for including the KnighK’s mask.

I don’t know if there is a rule about it, but if it is not allowed, then at least It could be a good souvenir to upload later here on moc creations or in my Flickr site giving the right credits.

Looks a lot better with the mask you wanted to use initially. The entry period is three weeks so you might have enough time to get it? Up to you.

7 Likes

that is a large MOC. How’s its balance?

1 Like

I like it

1 Like

Wooaaaa man, Looks a lot better with this mask, I know it is photoshop but now I’m seriously gonna get this mask for my moc.

Yep I think I could have the mask finished with the painting job of the ornaments, it took me time to get the right colors but weeks ago I recreated how to make sand-green and many others, I could use it to paint the ornaments with dark-green or sand-green, in real fact, my plan was to paint all the dark-G with the sand-G I prepare, but there is a rule for a limit of painted pieces, it wouldn’t be allowed to paint all, and just a few, wouldn´t be great too.

Now, I have plans to get the mask as soon as possible, actually I got a friend whom has an extra KnighK’s mask of creation printed in my city so I would try to talk with him and see If he can sell me his mask to upgrade my post.

I going to try to work quickly. Thanks man!

2 Likes

I’m sure they’ll be fine with a small yet significant change but be sure to keep this in mind.

Painting the runes is great but it might be best if that’s saved for the art contest, given the rules on one paint per piece. :+1:

1 Like

Ask first.

2 Likes

That’s an intricate question, but I think you’re talking about the stability of the moc, if that is the case, well let me explain it, I took a lot of test on the legs, since the begining of 2019, I have been going by many iterations of it, when I first designed it entirely, I just got the body, the arms and the back but with the legs, I just got in mind how they were going to be, but I didn’t have completed the model for the feet, so when my final order from bricklink came with the technic pieces I needed, I completed the legs, in real fact, they were supposed to be larger but after seeing it in real life, I had to make changes.

So, after finish the legs, The feet took me all night long, and for summary this part, the first iteration were longer but wayyy longer, almost impossible to sit properly, so time later I designed again the feet and looks different from the first form, the second version here in the post was actually inspired from the Kikanalo’s feet, but of course, with some modifications, more Hordika feet and less pieces than what I expected.

The back of the feet, It had to match with the upper legs, I’m talking about the pistons and how not to make it fall appart or fall backwards, and It had to pass these test:

1. How to connect properly with enough pieces
  2. How to make the piston not to separate from the axle of the foot (Which was the most difficult since I also had to work with the Metru-torso) and,
  3. How to not make it clash with the head conection of the metru torso

After working on it, i finally get it, solve all the problems but I got one last:

Upper section:

• How to make the lower conecction of the torso go with the upper part of the legs, that also go by some test:
  1. Mobility
  2. Stability, and,
  3. Don’t make it go to open like a cheerleader.

That’s why the metru arms go it, to help on the mobility and solved the third problem. The second one was actually solved with replacing joints that were loose. And that’s all, that is the balance of the legs.

Yeahhhh, I going to ask once I have the mask completed, really don’t want to make so much expectations and don’t wanna waste a question on it right now, might be when I’m finally get the mask, one day before the modification I’m going to ask.

And yep, it’s better for the contest just keep it with a shade of silver.

1 Like

That’s the plan!

oh yeah, since you’re new here, should note that you’re not supposed to post multiple times in succession like that, unless you’re adding an update to a creative content topic. you can tag the people with @ for individual responses.

Yeah, still I’m still learning how to use the plataform, what I need to correct and what I need to learn, in the past I just limited to read and not reply, I appreciate your comment @Hawkflight, gonna apply it for the future :smile:

How tall is this guy? 15-18 inches? Regardless, massive MOC and best of luck in the contest!

@Propulsion ,It’s 14 and a half inches without a mask, it took me time to find a measuring tape with the size of Inches, fortunately I have one at home, here are some photos to show you:

Comparing size with Maxilos:

And this is the kind of measure tape that I used:

It appears to be 15 inches with a mask, but that depends on the design actually, also in another measure like centimeters, its almost 37 and in feets talking since is the most known measure that the community uses, it’s about 11 to 12 feet tall, but yeah the Canon says it’s 10, I tried to stay the most close to that size.

This is one tall lad. I like the use of those half pins to add extra texture to the pieces.

2 Likes

Another great contender! I think this might be the tallest I’ve seen yet! He ticks all the boxes, and he looks good! My one gripe is that he might be too complex to be believable as a released Titan set, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

Epic build might even vote for this one over my own

1 Like