Artakha (Meet the Maker)

hello !!, welcome to this topic where you will know one more interpretation of Artakha the creator, I hope you like it

Artakha

Artakha_08
This Artakha design is based on different concepts, a mixture of sand green and dark bluish gray has been used inspired by the 2008 theme of bionicle phantoka and mistika, the selected color also allows to highlight the green parts seen in the model.

In relation to the use of pieces in the building, it was sought to create a balance between system pieces to increase the green in the model and technical pieces to develop the structure of the model mainly.

Imgur

speaking of the hammer, the design seeks to imitate the concepts of the Turaga tools, with a simple shape and an appropriate size for the figure.

You can exchange a couple parts of the model, the hammer can keep the hammer on the back. which allows to play with the figure easily.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

other views of the model:

Artakha- front

Artakha - side

Artakha- Back

Breakdown:

Breakdown_01

Breakdown_02

Hammer breakdown:

Hammer_piece_01

DSC00032

DSC00034

Artakha_08

I hope you liked this model, it has been a bit difficult to make this moc but it was done with a lot of dedication, thank you very much for coming to this post.

-The mask used for this moc comes courtesy of khingk

69 Likes

Hi,

This is a fantastic MoC and I thank you for participating and lending your creativity, skill, and dedication to this contest. Unfortunately, we can’t accept it for entry because of two stipulations in our rules:

As the Ben 10 torso armor pieces had their printing removed and don’t exist in an unprinted variant, their inclusion prohibits this MoC from being accepted. Additionally, the colored runes on the mask additionally act as a disqualifying factor, as it features a dual colored paint job.

I know this comes as a disappointment, and I do apologize for that. Your MoC is exceptional and I thank you for sharing it with all of us! Hopefully feedback and reception is very good!

1 Like

if it’s because of the mask, it’s something I can fix, if you’ll allow me.
I really didn’t want to disrespect whoever had previously painted it.
I can remove the marks and take the photos again

Regarding the Ben 10 piece, I can understand that this is in the rules. but is it less accessible than someone who has completely painted their moc?

I did the moc thinking of putting together something that was accessible as far as possible.

Anyway, you decide, I appeal because I am really tired and I have traveled a lot to get the parts for this model.

Unfortunately, at this point, we can’t let the appeal go through, primarily due to the fact that it’s so far past the deadline. In the future, if you opt to enter a contest again, you’re more than welcome to post the MoC ahead of time and that way any issues or problems can be worked through via asking us questions, clarifying rules, etc. Posting it so close to the deadline makes it impossible to course correct.

Once again, though, I want you to know that your MoC is incredible and I am truly sorry we have to do this. It’s mainly a matter of following our own consistency, as there’s a precedent for us disqualifying MoCs based on these particular rules. It’s nothing personal, and I thank you once again for being willing to enter at all. Your MoC stands as a testament to your skill and creativity! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The omnitrix decal on the Ben 10 piece is a pre-applied sticker I’m pretty sure. Shame about the runes tho.

(I love this build btw)

4 Likes

thanks <3

Thats sucks…this one will be definitely one of my fav entries and will definitely getting my upvote. Too bad uts disqualified.

1 Like

What a crying shame, this MOC is gorgeous! I love the ancient aesthetic it has going for it and the complexity of the build is just fantastic.

2 Likes

Really sorry that this got dq’d man, this totally would’ve had my vote. I hope you decide to enter into future contests, you have some serious skill.

2 Likes

A real shame you guys disqualified this entry for removing a small print and some paint on a mask that gets changed in the art contest anyway.

But an entry that uses 100 painted parts unavailable in those colors is allowed.

Really love that hammer and chest armor on the moc. Would love to have voted for it

11 Likes

Don’t even care that this was disqualified, this the official design for me now, none of the accepted models quite compare.

2 Likes

This one will be without a doubt in the Top for me. Also the rules are clear but I find the logic behind some of them questionable, even paradoxical and it’s something I will elaborate more in the G1 canon contest discussion topic. Back to the Moc, the fact that it doesn’t have a huge amount of painted pieces is a plus for me. The mask is a given, and the shoulders is something really easy to make. I’m pretty sure a Bionicle fan doesn’t care that much about the omnitrix in those pieces in the now impossible case this would became the canon appearance for Artakha.
This one is really good, period.

1 Like

What’s the difference between removing a part’s print and just painting over the whole piece with the same color it already had? Seems like a nonsensical application of rules to me.

The mask thing is more reasonable, but I still think it’s overly strict since the mask is just a placeholder anyway.

Anyway, this is one of the best Artakha MOCs I’ve seen… and that’s saying a lot, since I just finished looking at all of the qualifying entries. It’s really disappointing to see it not even get a shot in the contest. It would almost certainly have ended up getting at least a 3rd choice vote from me in one of the polls, or higher, depending on what it got paired up against.

You should definitely enter the next contest, because I truly think you have the skill to create a winning MOC.

3 Likes

I would’ve voted for this had it not been DQ’d. It looks superb, and I’m honestly sorry what happened happened.

1 Like

This one is amazing. I loathe the fact that it was disqualified. I want to BrickLink it’s parts so bad. Definitely would have voted for this one.

@Mesonak One of the polls has a missing number eight… You could, um… Accidentally put it there… And, uh… Say “huh… I dunno how that got there ¯_(ツ)_/¯”

Edited For Double Post - BioKnight

2 Likes

This Artakha is definitely one of my favourites. You did an incredible job here.

1 Like

Such a shame this got DQd because of such a janky and inconsistent rule set. Absolute bull.

3 Likes

Shame about this, lovely cohesive look!

2 Likes

11 Likes

Been stated before, but I’ll echo again that is is a crying shame that this got DQ’d for such inconsequential issues. You should be very proud of this, it is one of the best made, by far. I hope that the next contests will have a discussion period for the rules to catch some of these loophole things that would’ve been brought up if the community had time to analzye the ruleset!

-Sol

1 Like