Artakha - The Forge Lord - Meet The Maker (Bionicle Canon Contest 2)

Well here we are, ladies and gentlemen.

Entry Photo

Artakha - The Forge Lord
by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

Artakha has always been one of my favourite canon characters. Whenever I used to imagine him, the main characteristics that would resonate in my head would be his aura of elegance. My portrayal sought to depict that element and bring it to focus.

Artakha - The Forge Lord

He also wields a Warhammer, which I wanted to keep as simple as I could without losing on that unique touch.

A side view:

Artakha - The Forge Lord (side)

Back view:

Artakha - The Forge Lord (back)

And here’s the deconstructed view. Tried to dismantle the bigger parts while leaving the sub-elements intact.

Imgur

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this MOC as much as I have enjoyed building it!

Link to the contest post:

50 Likes

Nice MOC! but I’m pretty sure you have to put “Meet the Maker” in the title in order to enter it.

1 Like

And make sure to link your topic to the main topic BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker by copy/pasting the URL link to your MOC there.

Very nice entry. Very elegant and regal design and good color blocking. Best of luck!

-Solaris Magnus

3 Likes

This is very elegant and simple in the best way - the Ben 10 limb parts look great and you’ve really merged them with techniques that make the best use of the CCBS system parts available that are compatible. Also big props for using the 2008 Makuta torso! Don’t see that often enough but it’s a very versatile part. Absolutely love it, it’s one of the cleanest I’ve seen so far. Wish you the best of luck

3 Likes

This is a pretty good model.

The sand green/gold isn’t my favourite colour combination, but it is executed very well here.

Additionally, the figure has a very powerful-looking stance, and good proportions.

I expect this will do fairly well.

4 Likes

I think you might have to many shades of green, but I’m not sure. Cool moc anyways

It looks fine, there’s sand green and trans bright green, that’s allowed. The rubber band is a different green, but that’d be incredibly nitpicky to reject because of.

1 Like

Thank you so much for entering!

Before we can accept this, we will need a side photo and a back photo, and we will need you to clarify which of these photos you would like to be your “entry photo.” After that, you’re all good to go!

Please edit the first post with those pictures within the next three days. Thank you!

1 Like

Hot dog, this is gorgeous!! Excellent work!

Very cool! Big and detailed without being overly complex, I like that.

Thanks for letting me know. Updated the post with the required changes.

Man, I wish it wasn’t so gold. I don’t picture him having that much gold, but everything else is soo good!

One of the special few entries that balances power and grace, so many seem to have leaned too far to one side and ignored the other. Looks powerful, but not like a warrior… like an artist-king. It’s awesome.

It looks like it belongs more in G2 than G1, in my opinion. Not that that’s a bad thing. I think it looks really cool. I just don’t think it’s appropriate for the G1 canon. But viewed as a G2 interpretation of Artakha (that isn’t just Ekimu), it’s fantastic.

Something I’ve realized during this competition is that the Ben 10 pieces work really well with CCBS parts. This MOC is a good example of that.

While I personally prefer gunmetal as a secondary color for Artakha, I think you’ve done the green-and-gold color scheme very well here. I like the way the gold acts generally as a second layer on top of the sand green. It’s a good way to mix the colors without the distribution feeling random.

I think the way you built the skirt (or whatever you call it) is really clever. I would never have thought to combine the Chima armor with those HF Ordeal of Fire shells, but it works surprisingly well.

The hammer is simple compared to some other entries, but very effective. Where do those 2x2 round tiles with stickers come from?

I like the way you attached the hands. It’s a nice System-based hand design that I don’t recall seeing before.

One thing I’m curious about are the System parts attached to the back of the upper arms. I’m assuming that’s an illegal connection? How stable/loose is it?

Overall, a very solid MOC that makes good use of G1 Bionicle, CCBS, Ben 10, and System parts to create a cohesive build with good shaping and color distribution.