Artakha, the Gentle Giant (Meet the Maker)

After almost a month of work, here’s my take on Artakha - the great craftsman of the Matoran Universe!

When building this MOC, my primary goal was to make something that the LEGO Company might have realistically released as a Titan set. This meant I had to avoid making him too complex for builders within the recommended age range for such a set (8-16) to put together.

At the same time, he couldn’t be too simple, as he had to strike an imposing figure and meet the height requirement.

Standing as straight as possible, he tops out at just over 13 inches tall by my measurement.

Attached to his lower back are two extra robotic arms that act as a toolbelt. When he needs his hands free, he can stow his tools.

Speaking of his tools, he carries a chisel in addition to his forge hammer. When the need arises, he can attach his chisel to the end of his hammer for a bit of extra reach in battle.
Breakdown photos below!

13 Likes

Very nice, I like the shoudlers and the leg design is great. Might wanna fix the name in your title though. Good luck!

-Solaris Magnus

2 Likes

Fixed!

1 Like

So I see you decided to enter, do your eyes still hurt from looking at my Artakha?

I absolutely love it when a mocist has this consideration in mind and I kinda wish there were more mocs out there like this. A lot of people would probably say this limits creativity but I feel like limits on creativity really make a moc stand out when it’s done well. I’ve seen countless bonk mocists try to overload their creations with flashy system parts and for me they end up being really forgettable.

2 Likes

It’s been cool to see your progress on this moc over the past couple weeks. The color distribution and build in general ended up being really solid!

1 Like

They’ve recovered. Thank you for your concern!

That’s part of the reason I prefer not to use System if at all possible. I’m glad we’re on the same page!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

That’s cold man, real cold…

Is it? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be.

1 Like

Yeah. I really like it when a canon moc can more easily be made, too, which has me sort of worried about Artakha’s contest. While the Helryx contest had a fare share of hyper-detailed mocs, it was generally agreed upon that she should have a simpler build and so I wasn’t too worried (that is, until hoseryx came dangerously close to winning). With this next contest though, I feel like all the set-like mocs are going to be left in the dust in favor of more detailed and ornate mocs.

1 Like

Nice use of the kualsi’s for shoulder armour