Artakha the legend (Meet the Maker)

Hi, This is my take on Artakha :smiley:
Entry Photo: Hello, just leave the materials and I will gladly do it for you

Front view

Side view

Back view

“No armor” view

The hammer itself

Those photos are upside down? yes those are…
Some aditional photos and poses

Size comparison with his brother Karzahni

Size comparon with Mata Nui Titan

I have the mask of creation from G2 but once I see the Moc finished, the mask and the head seem to me a little bit in the tiny side so I changed to the Ignika just to be more proportional to the body.
I made the Moc in three days and is something I wouldn’t recomend to anyone because is a little bit stressful, not gonna lie.
At first I wasn’t sure about being part of the contest but after seeing so many entries, I was inspired and decided to participate at the last minute. It’s been 3 years since I last started doing a Moc in shape, so it was strange to do this curious activity again. I was the lead designer for Bionicle Legacy, a continuation of Bionicle G2 that some might remember back in 2017.Anyway, I have more things to say but I’ll coment later once my entry is actually submit it.

Edit: It seems like I didn’t make it in time. What a Shame, I thought I have another hour at least ( ._.)

Well, the thing that stop me before was an argument about the only one shade of green rule, lime green is the shade I have the more pieces but I wasn’t sure I could manage to make a Moc that was predominantly green, I didn’t want to paint pieces and I wasn’t a fan of the shade itself. My plan was to use dark green as the main color but with the unexpected rule, I seriously thought about not participating. I tried to come to reason with ttv but it seems that in the end, creations with more than one shade of any color are impossible to look good and the artists don’t know how to interpret several tones as one to the point that a rule was made about it… Yeah I’m still salty about it ¬¬. Anyway, back to the Moc itself, when I started, I knew I have to make big hands and use armor upon armor with the pieces from Toa Mata Nui (his shield) in both sides of the legs. I also wanted to use the ornate pieces I have from Lego Elves in sand green but I couldn’t use those in the character itself because it ended looking too straight and cubic, but later I find a use in the hammer. In the process I also wanted to use the piece from Hero Factory (Black Phantom) as the main piece for the chest and Reinhardt shoulders in some way.
I would usually make custom feet but I didn’t have enought time and it have the potencial to be a really interesting detail by being the same pieces used in Karzahni’s feet. Also a function would be nice but that takes time and that’s something I lack right now.

The thing I’m more proud of is the armor at the side of the legs, the angle was not easy to come by and the way the lime green “vest” armor is put is really clever, if I may say that to myself. It works under pressure moving the pieces in an organic way, but I won’t deny that it ended up being a happy accident so I won’t take much credit for that hahaha.

Ok, despite everything, everyone has uploaded good entries and I want to know who will be the winner. I will probably participate in the art contest, so see you soon.

22 Likes

This has to be one of my favorite entries, hopefully they can make an exception and include it in the voting pools despite it being a few hours late. (hey, it could’ve still been the 24th in your timezone!)
Great job regardless.

1 Like

It wasn’t even hours, it was just two minutes :stuck_out_tongue: I’m glad you like it. There also a thing that took some aditional time and it was the massive hammer. After an hour or so and some changes he could successfully hold it. Now I wish that wasn’t a problem in the first place. Oh well…

Is shame that your entry was too late. I really like his elegant form, that break the warrior shape of many other entries.

3 Likes

I like the buffTakha trend but my take was more in the elegant side as you said. The last set I got was Toa Mata Nui from the Glatorian legends wave and before I start anything in the Moc, I knew I would use the “click sword” portrayed in the Titan one but in silver and upsidedown as armor to the sides of the legs.
Wearing those pieces in this way, naturally led to him having a somewhat slim figure because otherwise they would not fulfill the function that I already have in mind.

1 Like

Update: I wasn’t able to show how the legs bend before because…well, here is a little secret :shushing_face:, the legs were attach to the torso in an ilegal way and if I dare to bend the legs, the Moc would simple cut in half by itself xD.
These were the changes I made to the moc:

• It haves a better build for the torso and legs, those are no longer separated by the simple action of gravity
  • The armor in the back of the legs is attach in a way that allows more movement
  • The hammer is more compact so that it is now much easier to hold for the figure
  • A little bit extra armor for the arms
  • The piece that goes between the legs changed orientation and the way is attach to the body i simpler now

Now a photo paying attention to Vakama and more poses

I’m still a little bit mad about not being part of the contest but life goes on and I’ll be better prepared for future :wink:
If someone ask for it, I can show the changes I’m talking about in the internal structure in more detail.

3 Likes