Artakha the Monolithic Maker (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

The above picture is the one I would like this MOC to be represented by during voting

Artakha uses only pieces in existing colours, however I have provided a render in non-existent sand green to showcase what that would look like if it were to proceed to the art contest

Break Down Photos

Mask Download link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4247696

Stud.io file: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=168244

DISCLAIMER: The above Stud.io file is slightly changed from the one shown in the photos. During building I made a few small oversights and included pieces that do not actually exist. The only visible change is that the barraki eyes on the hammer have been swapped for unicorn horns. TTV is aware of this change, and I apologize for the mistake

98 Likes

Oh that’s a sweet moc!

5 Likes

The hands could be a little bigger but other than that, it’s fantastic!

6 Likes

THIS has my vote!

9 Likes

That looks pretty nice! Does have a mech feel, amusingly enough.

I like that you used a filigree part for a chest piece, though I see you swapped the center stud mid-way. :wink:

Now, I feel the hammer’s handle is thin for how enormous the hammer’s head is. But that’s really my only critique.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

3 Likes

I see this one also didn’t skip leg day, welcome to the gym: Bufftakha's Gym - #2 by Solaris_Magnus

Well made moc, I really the like tasteful blend of the 2 metalic colors. Good luck!

-Solaris Magnus

6 Likes

Cool design, looks kinda like a Gundam. I like it.

3 Likes

That’s not a Bonk… That’s a Gundam!

3 Likes

Aesthetically, this is a perfect blend of G1 and G2 pieces! There’s not very much gold, though, so I’d say it could’ve been in more spots or it could’ve been entirely replaced by green. Otherwise, it looks great!

1 Like

this is really cool! but you still smell @StudentScissors

2 Likes

I’ve said it elsewhere, but this absolutely has my vote. It has great shaping and great color balance. It hearkens to Ekimu while still being its own creation. A seamless blend of G1 and CCBS parts, all while maintaining a very proportional shape. I think my favorite part of the build is the chest; the shaping is just superb there.

All in all, solid build, solid look, definitely going to vote for it.

6 Likes

My apologies, we are accepting this entry, but we will need you to provide the model file for this as well. It’s a requirement for entries made in Stud.io and LDD.

Thank you!

1 Like

I have updated the topic accordingly. Currently the MOC is in review, but once it is accepted by Bricklink it will be open for public download.

3 Likes

Oh, I love this. :+1:

1 Like

Ohh this is nice

1 Like

Like, seriously,
This entry needs to at least make top three.:+1:

2 Likes

I’d love to see this built in real life

1 Like

Love the flow of armor on the hammer!

2 Likes

Question, @StudentScissors:
What were the render settings you used, and how long did it take to render the shots?

1 Like

I rendered in the photo-realistic “high” quality, and each render took roughly an hour.

1 Like