At Destral's Gate: Honor Guard

Here’s the winners with Perp’s masks. The two models are from @Rothanak

13 Likes

I REALLY want this Bomonga mask to be Canon. Kualus I think was fine with the more rounded mask. it fits with the rounded shoulders. I think Pouks looks a bit too much like Iruni. gaaki I don’t feel anything about.

Shame this didn’t win, I would’ve absolutely LOVED to see Kualus canonized with the Makooti mask,

2 Likes

sleepy makooti_2
sleepy makooti
Makooti Time!

12 Likes

this had better end up in some of the artworks

There’s one problem with that:

According to the consents, the designer for Kualus will not allow his mask to be changed.

It could still be used for a Gaaki or Pouks (although it doesn’t suit them in my opinion)

rip :cry::cry:

Here’s the last mask:
gaaki mask_4
gaaki mask_3
the front top and side views were inconsistent about the shape of the eyeholes, so I stuck with the front view, which makes the eyeholes look bigger from the side. Also, there are some problems fitting a metru head due to the narrowness of the chin, so I made a version with less depth.

16 Likes

Is there anywhere we can get these masks or will they be released later?

1 Like

They will be released later, perp3tual has not made his edits and approved them yet because he is busy with another project

3 Likes

What studio pack do Pouks’s shoulders come in? These are really cool!

To this day, the masks you made are still fantastic! Besides Kualus’s mask, I consider the rest to be the true kanohi’s shape. Even the MoE because I’m not a fan of the canon design. If not then Pouks’ mask works as a mask of laser vision.

1 Like

Wow, very nice. I still prefer this Bomonga’s mask to the final one.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but it bothers me that no one tries to model this part of Gaaki’s mask. To me it doesn’t feel complete and yes, I am coming back here because Red Star Forge modeled these masks.

5 Likes

This is the one mask of the bunch that I don’t think has been translated to 3D too well. I’m more concerned about the forehead though. In the drawings it looks like a kitbash of the Metru shoulder, which is brilliant. One of my favorite aspects of the mask, it feels very authentic to G1 Bionicle. But IMO none of the models out there reflect this element. They sorta resemble the part, but the geometries look completely wrong. Could just be me, I guess, but that’s always bothered me.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s weird to say but this mask was so good that it’s almost impossible to model it.

2 Likes

Whoever models this next needs to directly reference the Metru shoulder. Why would you pay for a poorly-done model if you can get a poorly-done model for free, though? If someone manages to do it right it needs to be advertised everywhere.

2 Likes

The taper of the chin probably also adds to the challenge, making it difficult to fit a Metru head in there.

Although, to be fair, Gaaki’s canon mask had a similar issue, yet there are accurate models out there.

1 Like

Are you talking about Red Star Forge because they actually their models on these masks public.