Hello people. I’m not sure how many people on these boards are Avatar: the Last Airbender fans, but I’m one. And any Avatar fan that doesn’t know already, should hear about this. Nickelodeon announced that they have a new studio dedicated to Avatar: the last Airbender that is run by the original creators. Is anyone else as hyped as I am? Discuss!

Ps: if I get one serious comment about the “blue people” I will blow a gasket!

4 Likes

I never watched the Avatar movies, but the blue people look pretty cool

I’m pretty hyped for the new avatar series.

Maybe it’ll be the comics in animated form. Or maybe it’ll show Korra or Aang as older adults. Perhaps it’ll focus on an old or new avatar.

6 Likes

I need more avatar Wan content in my life. He was arguably the best part of korra season 2.

Overall this announcement has me extremely hyped.

2 Likes

I didn’t really like Wan or the spirits that much. Varrick was the best part of season 2 if ya ask me.

4 Likes

I enjoy watching Avatar: the Last Airbender on the rare occasion that it appears on Nickelodeon, though I wish that they would run it more often (if I recall correctly, both Avatar: the Last Airbender and Legends of Korra can be found on NickToons, but I don’t have that channel).

Also, as an objective fact, the Fire Nation is the better than everyone else

Huh, I didn’t hear about that. Interesting… I look forward to seeing where they’re going with that.

2 Likes

After the somewhat messy rollout of Legend of Korra, my expectations are… let’s say, tempered.

Still, I’m intrigued at the possibility of getting more Avatar content in animated form. I could never understand why Netflix had thought anyone wanted live-action Avatar, even when the original creators were involved.

3 Likes

You didn’t like the Legend of Korra? I mean, I can’t say I blame you, but I enjoyed it.

1 Like

I’m glad that they plan to make animated movies because that’s the style that really works for Avatar. Whether they’ll be good or not is yet to be seen.

3 Likes

Seems there is actually plenty AtLA fans here. And me too.
Didn’t know that. Didn’t even know that Nickelodeon was still alive until now. Van you give a link to the site/post/source?

I got it from a YouTube video. One moment, let me see if I can find it

Edit: The YouTube video said it’s from an article on variety. I found the article, so here it is

1 Like

I half agree. Wan was cool but I didn’t care for Raava/Vaatu. Like many western stories, they try to use yin and yang imagery but fails understand what it actually means. Which is odd because Avatar: The Last Airbender seemed to have a clear understanding of eastern philosophy.

4 Likes

But I unironically love that movie and it’s fantastic world building…ugh I’ll make a separate topic for that some time.

Edit: “Bada bing bada boom…”

1 Like