Awkward LEGO-Related Thing You've Had To Explain To Your Parents?

Me and my brother tried to watch Legends of Merry Nui once. My sister was two at the time and apparently Makita was too scary for a toddler.

3 Likes

You could’ve just looked confused and said “what?” seeing as you provided all the details in your original statement. It’s what I would’ve done

1 Like

Apart from the occasional long-winded lore dump that makes me sound too invested, I’ve never really had to explain anything to my parents. Case in point: my brother got Roodaka (who seems to be a surprisingly common theme in this topic) in '05 and absolutely no questions were asked.

1 Like

I once mentioned to my parents how BIONICLE taught me politics. I had to explain several historic aspects like how the Barraki inspired Teridax, who was a good guy at that point, to betray what he stood for and those he was supposed to serve.

Of course I didn’t use their names because they wouldn’t understand any of that. Despite that, they still don’t believe BIONICLE taught me anything. Their mistake.

5 Likes

Well at the very least, it, or Lego in general, teaches creative freedom and out-of-the-box thinking :wink:

1 Like

Of course. you take it out of the box, and then you think “okay, it’s out of the box”

10 Likes

:expressionless:

LOL! You got it!

its not always a box tho, sometimes its a canister

1 Like

Most awkward thing I’ve ever explained: the difference between Hero Factory and Bionicle. I mean, most parents have absolutely no clue how they differ, and usually don’t have the patience to have it explained to them. But thankfully, I just send my family the eBay links, so I don’t have to go into why I want this.

1 Like

why i have some many ,quote, ‘scary dudes’ on my shelf

4 Likes

would you please let me go the shelf is getting dusty

5 Likes

no can do, you are my centre-piece

3 Likes

You are the real One Piece

1 Like

Why are you looking at LEGO stuff during school time?

1 Like

nah he’s mine

5 Likes

darn it…

2 Likes

Jokes on you both, I am 100 parallel universes ahead of you

I win in any competition for the title of biggest ghid simp, unwillingly

7 Likes

darn it

3 Likes

me confronting the bully with the college jocks who don’t like bullying (none of them use steroids)

also dude post that kardas sometime man

4 Likes