Bat’O’Clock, hour 13: Hazbat 4.1, Aquabat

The Aquatic Hazbat (or Aquabat for short) is the first ever Hazbat to be built with aquatic capabilities in mind.

It’s electrical shock devise acts as a bug zapper on the surface, and as the electric shock of an electric eel under water. It also has an acid tentacle that acts as a whip outside of water but has full, independent mobility under water. These units have been mass produced.

14 Likes

Cool. I like the color combo.

1 Like

I’ve been following all these bat topics rather closely, and now I am genuinely curious:

Could these hazbats be “hacked”? In other words, if they are robotic, could someone (using external methods) get into their programming and tamper with it?

(And even if they aren’t robotic, could they be susceptible to mind control?)

Other than that though decent moc, I really like the lower legs and the asymmetry is always nice to see

6 Likes

no

6 Likes

If it’s a computer then it can be hacked.

Nothing is safe.

3 Likes

but their code was written in nintendo labo

3 Likes

Nintendo and Nintendo products have been hacked before. The Bats eventually will fall as well.

5 Likes

I think that was a joke.

Didn’t we decide that we aren’t going for realism anymore? Besides, quantum encoding is a thing (or at least will be) and they are A.I. controlled. Also, they have anti hacking measures.

no it’s canon

They could be hacked, which isn’t likely, but they are constantly followed by additional Drones, which check whether or not they follow the standard programming.

2 Likes

what if we hack those drones first then

then the main drone would take care of it

2 Likes

but what if we hack all of them at once?

Different source codes, furthermore it would be noted in the Citadel.

2 Likes

I doubt that. I for one am always serious at all times.

Also with quantum encoding comes quantum methods of hacking. A.I. may protect them, but who watches the watchers for enemy A.I? It’s an endless spiral of escalation.

2 Likes

no bots are specifically designed as watchers. they are all watchers.

So you have an infinite chain of bots watching the next bot? Hopefully they don’t form a union.

4 Likes

This is very important. If you ignore any laws of reality, this will get very messy very fast. I’d like an official statement on this.

Cool head design

1 Like

Thanks! I made it even before this war, I just adapted it to make it more bat-like

1 Like