Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

6 Likes

Zaktan what have they done to you…

6 Likes

I’m actually really interested in getting the one with the red and white color scheme. Is it me or has a bootleg made the human constraction figures actually look good. Please someone buy one and take good pics so I can see how they look in person.

3 Likes

Can someone inform me if there is the ccbs scout trooper with his bike as bootleg?

2 Likes

It’s the kind of thing that I’m pretty sure exists somewhere, but that I wouldn’t want to explicitly seek out. That particular set has a ton of small-scale connections, so I wouldn’t recommend buying a bootleg - the LG version is worth the price, IMO.

5 Likes

Holy crap guys I actually found the bootlegs of those star wars constraction sets that appeared on Lego CUUSOO! They were very hard to track down and look very interesting to say the least.

Here’s a link to the sets.

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

7 Likes

never seen it, I think they havent made a bootleg of it yet, or maybe they just wont make it at all

1 Like

http://i.imgur.com/JwlitF4.png

First off, the description is misleading; it’s Bionicl, not Bionicle.

http://i.imgur.com/gQrpi6F.png

Second, the artwork is a ripped off by NickonAquaMagna artwork.

12 Likes

@NickonAquaMagna
He’s on the boards so… RIP

3 Likes

npw he can sue them, yeah

1 Like

Wait, I can do that…? I mean Unda is my character, but he’s still a Bionicle derivative. If someone were to use, say, Minnow, then I think I’d have more of a leg to stand on.

5 Likes

If it’s your own character then you can sue. I believe even if it is a derivative of another thing.

1 Like

@NickonAquaMagna , congrats, you are famous enough to have someone make bootlegs out of your own work.

11 Likes

Those would be cool if they weren’t so weird.

1 Like

Its still your artwork that’s being used without permission, so you still got a leg to stand on.

3 Likes

Well, dang. How do I go about it? Aren’t these guys stationed in some other country or whatever where US copyright law doesn’t apply and they can do whatever they want? I mean, something like this happened to Doxy (a pinup artist, nsfw stuff so sorry for bringing him up but he’s a perfect example of this sort of thing). His drawings were being printed on body pillows illegally and people came to him accusing him of running these facilities and he had to come out and say “No! I don’t actually own a sweatshop in Thailand or whatever! These people stole my work!” but from what I saw, there was nothing he could do to stop the printing, so… it was just a thing he had to live with.

6 Likes

You should try, maybe you will end the production.

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m looking around, but Amazon doesn’t seem to give you the ability to report people for stealing a product.

5 Likes

So here’s a quick pic set for a bootleg I found on AliExpress.

Notes:
Overall the quality is way better than I expected. The joints are far sturdier and fit together much tighter than in previous bootlegs I bought. The paint apps on the chest piece are a bit weird. But they look really good on the face and the arm parts. The head is much better than I expected from the pictures. It’s really solid and the hair fits on really well. It’s nice getting some new parts that Lego will probably never make for CCBS in these colors. It was worth every bit of the $8.99 including shipping that I paid for it.

20 Likes

Oh man dude THANK YOU SO MUCH for showing pics! I’ve been dying to see this bootleg in person and it looks great for a bootleg. I guess my only complaint is that the head looks rather weird but what can you say. Now I’m really considering buying it.

1 Like