Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

I’m kinda tempted to pick this us just for the custom mine ball joint peices

7 Likes

Nice find! :+1: Those pieces could be game changers for mech builders.

1 Like

We all know those bootlegs, so weird and interesting, like Bionicle from some alternative dimension.

I tried to find as much of them as i could, some are from Brickshelf Galleries, some from Russian internet shops and forums and few are from bootleg thread here on TTV

Search конструктор последний воин to look for it yourself

Fire Drake and Sea Star/Doomsday
Fire Drake Art
sea-star001

(from Best Of LEGO Bootlegs - #534 by Crusader
)
They even had combiner model

High Energy and Revolving Star
High Energy Art
Revolving Star Art

They too had one

Those four bootlegs were probably most common with Sea Star being the most popular one.

Mr Zero or Sakron

Lizard
Green One Art

(from set identification - What dark green and lime BIONICLE do I have? - Bricks
)

Video with better view

Sevarius

Video with better view

This one looks so cheap, like a bad combiner model.

Super Wind Wheel

Pinhead or Rondel

Spider time

Aracius

Creepy Crawler

(from Masters of Disaster is a good name because this is... - A Bionicle Sideblog
)

Verbis

Pterius

■■■■■■■

Galvatek

Different build?

Virtul

Different mask?

Blade

Krekka and Nidhiki knockoffs

(from VFL.Ru — надёжный и быстрый фотохостинг с 2009 года )

Infernus

Makuta bootleg

Worse version

That is all that i found, most of these images were found here:

Brickshelf Gallery - Fake sets that are mine. ( most names were found in this gallery, yes also ■■■■■■■)

If you have better pictures or images of new bootlegs from this series post it so we can look on these interdimensional invaders.

BONUS STAGE
Either this is true form of that Krekka bootleg or this abomination is a MOC build only from those bootleg parts

15 Likes

WOW. I thought there were only ~5 sets. I actually have the Super Wind Wheel (though he is in a bad condition). Also, when I was younger, I thought that High Energy and Revolving Star are Baterra. Some of those are actually pretty cool, aside from the socket quality. But some are just ugly.

2 Likes

well, looking up your magic words made me find (i think) one heck of a deal. from what i picked up, these seem like pretty good prices. i wish i lived in russia. honestly, all of the cheap bionicles on bricklink are from there, too!

1 Like

You do not know what you are talking about.

I always thought those partcular guys were worldwide. So there aren’t there many bootlegs in America and Europe?

1 Like

Found this on aliexpress.

10 Likes

Wow, you hit the jackpot in your searches. I had no idea there were that many of them. Some of those parts look great. I wish there was a way to obtain them. Lol like a bricklink for Masters of Disaster.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: On eBay Today… Like Right Now!

Toad Roodaka

Stormer gone bad

Ussal Nivawk

Lady Keetongu???

4 Likes

I found quite the treasure on AliExpress last night. Black pin-axles! And white too.

Link

45 cents for 10 of them, plus a buck fifty for shipping. I once paid $20 for 8 of these on bricklink.

1 Like

Why not paint official Lego blue pin-axles into black or white or whatever?
Or are those actual Lego?

Paint easily rubs off of pins and axels because the holes for them are a relatively snug fit. If you paint them the paint scratches of or it stays in the hole forever because the paint added thickness

4 Likes

I see, but as far as I know, spray paint is really thin and holds very well, I haven’t tryed myself though (but will).
Also, I haven’t thought about disonnecting the part many times, only about connecting it once to the model, so paint won’t scratch off. But if talking about MOCing and many-times-usage, than it might not work so well of course.

Spray paint is thin but brittle and it scratches really easily even after one or two uses (if it isn’t the super resistent one that needs to be activated and if you don’t use it within a day or two becomes a brick inside the can). For repeated use dying the plastic is a better solution because it doesn’t add thickness at all. I’ve seen it done a couple of times with dyes for synthetic cloth unfortunately it works well only on pieces that start white (because you can tint them any color). You could however still die any piece black since it’s a very dark color. The problem with dying is that the dye is hard to find or expansive

paint is fine for most pieces that don’t rub against anything (such as masks) but it should be avoided for balljoints, pins and axeòs

3 Likes

Spray paint is actually almost worse
when it dries, it’s almost sticky. I spray painted a model tank of mine, but since I painted the turret ring and bottom of the turret, the turret can’t turn because the spray paint is increasing the friction to the point where it won’t.

1 Like

Of course they’re not official Lego. This is the bootlegs thread after all.

Spray paint, or any kind of paint definitely won’t work. The precision engineering for those parts is such that even a micron increase in the part (from a single layer of paint) would make them not fit together anymore.

2 Likes

White is the only non official though. Black has been discontinued but it was the main color in the first few years of bionicle. Also if it’s just for looks a simple sharpie does a good job as well.

Lego did, in fact, release white axle-pins. They came in the Bahrag.

2 Likes

Ah. I think I got some rahi back then but I never picked up any of the larger sets other then makuta. Well I’d be curious to see the bootlegs with official parts since those two colors are hard to find now in good quantity.