Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

This was an arcade prize at my local bowling alley:

6 Likes

What does tutearyl mean?

I don’t know, though I’m pretty sure that this is a knockoff of an already existing HF bootleg, called “Earth Tutelary”. It’s Bootleg-ception

5 Likes

That green color of the helmet is interesting. It’s like mint green or melon green or something. The Breez helmet in blue is cool too.

I googled Earth Tutelary and found this abomination.. Kill it with fire!

4 Likes

Sounds like a nice suggestion

1 Like

Doesn’t even look that different to Speeda Demon off his bike

1 Like

I’m telling you fron my own experiences: the plastic in thesee guys is really worth throwing in fire

2 Likes

I know that

Despite all the crap that Hero Factory Bootlegs get, there honestly are actually a few good custom pieces for MOCing that you can get from these. Some of which bridge the gap between the Technic and CCBS systems.
For example(and this one is my favorite), “Bot Factory” and “Earth Heroes” have a 1.0/2 0 hybrid chest piece, being a 2.0 chestplate with a 1.0 core.

I love this because I like the 2.0 chestplate, but not its core, and I like the 1.0 core but not the chestplate. Now, I can have the best of both worlds!
Additionally, another example from these brands is a 2.0 helmet that can fit on a Glatorian head.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this matter?

4 Likes

From What I have seen in my own sets, the helmets don’t fit perfectly on the head

@Mctoran

Okay who makes this, and where can I get one. Because I would love one of those!

1 Like

God I have so many of those.

Here:
https://www.amazon.com/BotFactory-Bot-Factory-Bachuz-Scout/dp/B00NE3UQH2
@ProfSrlojohn

Whats the plastic quality like?

The plastic is adequate, but that’s really the best you can ask for from China or wherever the heck this is made.
However, it will do it’s job just fine in presentation on a model.
Also, I recommend that you use the official Lego 1.0 cores on the chestplate, as it looks more genuine than the opaque 1.0 core that this set comes in.
And one more thing: if you ever do make a MOC with this piece and upload it on here, make sure to give me a shout out for finding this piece, okay?

1 Like

Sure thing, luckily, I have a 1…0 core. Even if it IS orange.

1 Like

I personally think that the orange core would go best with this color chestplate, though you could probably get other colors of the chestplate in other sets.

true, but unfortunately, I don’t have many other pieces that work with orange, except for maybe black and red.

1 Like

Anyways, back to custom bootleg parts.

What do you all think of this set?

Would you say that the pieces are “MOC-worthy”?

3 Likes

The armor, sure. The rest? nah.