Bionicle 2015 sets Tahu, PoF and PoJ retiring soon

I went to visit lego shop today when i noticed it said one new set by the bionicle theme, it was just skull scorpio re stalked, but I also saw that Tahu, Protector of Fire and Protector of Jungle are being retired, its not even been full year since they were released and arguably the most popular toa and two of the mid range protectors are being retired.
heres the link
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/BIONICLE-Theme

2 Likes

There isn’t any of that on the Australian website: http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/BIONICLE-Theme

1 Like

Probably because the machines for the specific sets broke due to high demand, I guess.

1 Like

This could be a marketing tactic so that people will buy the 2016 tahu instead of the current popular one. Im surprised LoSS and gali arnt also on the list

1 Like

they probably sold the least so they must have a large amount of them.

1 Like

Vizuna’s retiring soon too. His many grueling years as a protector during a tough era have left him weary.

Also, Skull Warrior’s sold out, so I suppose that’s a good thing.

7 Likes

Yes, this is sad but this doesn’t mean that they won’t be available in places like Wal-Mart or Toysrus, right? Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Ofcourse there should be a surplus of them somewhere. Or atleast in places like Ebay or something. Amazon? Dunno

2 Likes

They won be available for re-stalking once lego shop runs out of the current stalk, but if a target has 10 tahus they will sell them

@JMP
Amazon is already raising the protectors price, as soon as those three sets sell out on lego shop, there prices will double on amazon. Ebay already has inflated prices, like a 20 dollar skull scorpio that’s out of the box.

3 Likes

inflated prices are so bs… shops make sets cheaper online shops multiply prices seems legit.

1 Like

Not really; they’ve been higher than their Market Price since their release.

3 Likes

I can see why Vizuna is Retiring Soon. Even before the Summer Wave released, he began to become HTF, at least in my area of Texas.

Coming from the guy who bought two of Narmoto and used all his Protectors to build Jaller, Takua, Hahli, Hewkii, Kongu and Matoro, leaving only Narmoto and Korgot in one piece, I’d better do some more buying if I want to build Nuparu before PoE retires.

3 Likes

Yeah, this was expected.
The demand must have exceeded production.

1 Like

Well, there’s always Bricklink.

1 Like