Bionicle 2015's "Characters"

No. All the protector sets (which were the village elders) were all males. Lego has constantly been referring to all the protectors as males.

2 Likes

Might be mistaken, but as far as I am aware we only know the gender of the Toa and Protector of Fire. Do you have a link to where Lego refer to them all as male?

1 Like

Well, exhibit A is on the BIONICLE website under the protectors, where they all say ‘father to son’ for the passing down of the role as Protector.

(currently I cannot find the link for this one) On a Lego.com poll about which favorite Toa/Protector, all the protectors were referred to as guys (especially the Protector of Water).

1 Like

I thought the passing down was for Masks?

I just hope they develop protectors and maybe the villain’s personalities.

Unless they’re all simpletons

The passing down only refers to the masks worn by the Protectors, while that does potentially hint that they are all sons of former Protectors, it is possible that their is an exception among the group.

It is also likely a generic description for each that is given to them until more information is handed to them in the Summer books, or might be altered, similar to how the bio’s determining the characterisation for the Toa (according to Merlin) are going to change in Summer.

If they are all indeed male, then I find myself questioning why I cant find any other information about them being male. No websites seem to be running with the idea of them being male including the overly hyped BSO1, which still has a ton of inaccurate information at the time of writing believing all the Protectors in the animations are the same version.

As for the polls, don’t think we can trust them for accuracy given many Lego polls are non-canon or have been inaccurate in the past. Recent polls for example have referred to the adrenaline mode as a way of fusing to create a Super-Toa, when in reality we have known for months that it is simply the Toa getting the armour and weapons from the Protector.

3 Likes

I wonder if Bingzak will be a new Takua.

From what we know about him, he most likely will.

My biggest problem with the current story, is one that gen 1 suffered from for almost half it’s run, and that is uninteresting villains. Besides Makuta, who is pretty basic personality wise if we’re being honest, we didn’t have many villains with personality. I could be wrong, but I don’t see Culta or the other skull villains having that amazing of character traits. LEGO is aware of this fact I’m sure, and I have no doubt that it shall be resolved, but it is a problem nonetheless