BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Well, while pteranodons are not birds or dinosaurs I hoy to say you have a point, those legs look in a way fitting to it/him/her

2 Likes

I speculate that the Beasts are nothing more than constructs from pure elemental energy (their Chest prints elude to such a concept). Also the fact that their head mask/molds look like mutated versions of Umarak the Hunters mask only add to this theory.

We can only wait and see if this is the case when the episodes finally air.

2 Likes

Isn’t there a CCBS topic? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well actually pterosaurs, pteranadon is just a genus of pteranasaur

@TeslaEffect if the beasts are constructs of pure elemental energy, I will be very happy

@Brunamal and elemental fusion keeps in with the unity idea of this year. Or maybe I’m over thinking this :slight_smile:

@Eljay was the start of the discussion ok, where we were just discussing the poor leg build?

Yes, which is why I left it. - Eljay

Cool. May I point out your incorrect grammar? :wink: (if that sarcastic question is inappropriate I will remove it instantly)

@Bingzakanuva I agree with everything you said, except I love LB as well, but i do agree QB and SB are better. QB is beast (get it :wink: ).

Same. Then that would kinda lend credence to the “fused elements” theory, like maybe these beasts are the result of elemental fusions, which lead to the “only one power” rule for mask makers.

So, @Rockho was right. There is a CCBS topic.

I’ll like to make clear that the discussion itself was fine - the CCBS and it’s layers of design and construction is an interesting subject. However, most of it had little relevance here and as such has been moved to the actual CCBS discussion topic.

However, that’s really why I’m making this post - while the discussion was fine and the posts have been moved, this topic was not the place for that discussion to be held. It was then classified as “off-topic.”

This has been a constant issue with many topics, most certainly this one in particular. If you guys have noticed, we’ve been issuing several warnings throughout the last two weeks.

This is your final warning. Any at length, off-topic discussion in this topic will from here on out be followed by a 24 hour suspension.

Please try and remain on-topic and read our rules for a better idea of how to navigate our site. Thank you.

13 Likes

After close examination of the summer sets I guess I should give my thoughts on them.

QB: Insta buy for me! He just looks so big and buff and looks like he could be a big pain in the rear end for the toa. Love his weapon and color scheme.

SB: He’s pretty different from what I expected. His color scheme reminds me of Dragon Bolt from HF which is good. I’m not a big fan of the build but I guess it’s something. Love the tail though

LB: Not a good set at all. He barley passes my buy list. I hate the horns and his build is horrendous. I adore his color scheme and I want those recolored wing pieces and he can make some cool poses if you know how to make them. I’m glad he’s better than Skull Scorpio even though barley passing my buy list.

Ekimu: I love him. Not too too much trans blue but he certainly doesn’t have enough gold. Love his hammer I ADORE his mask and…that’s about it.

Umarak the Destroyer: TITAN FINALLY!! I’ve been wanting something lie this since G1. He is practically a monster. Looks like something out of a Godzilla movie or something which is great. Looking at this set I can’t wait to get a Makuta titan next year!

First buy: Umarak and QB

Second buy: SB and Ekimu

Possible\uncertain if I’m gonna buy: LB

7 Likes

Let’s see…
First buy: UtD, LB
Second buy: Ekimu, SB
Last buy: QB
Also, why is there purple on UtD’s chest print?

[quote=“Mistah_Grammaticul, post:16802, topic:15529”]
Don’t forget Ekimu’s Gearbox!
[/quote] I was looking closely at Ekimu and I don’t see the gearbox.

1 Like

Don’t forget Ekimu’s Gearbox! That’s one great factor.

3 Likes

First buy: Maybe UtD

That’s it.

Look at his back, or at the little gears in his back. He does have a Gearbox.

XP

2 Likes

I like Tahu’s and Kopaka’s Corrupted Masks because they’re not an overused metallic color like gold or gunmetal, I will agree that the trans neon green doesn’t blend well with Tahu’s mata red, but the corrupted masks are supposed to look hideous, because they’ve been corrupted.

That was true for G1, G2 may or may not be different.

It isn’t possible, because of the way the beasts horns and jaws are connected. Tahu,Kopaka, and Onua’s masks all cover the axle connection point on their heads, it would only work if lego modified the toa masks to work with the beasts horns and jaws, and it dosent look like the toa’s masks were tweaked like the MoCo.

2 Likes

ugh, I just imagined how the masks would look on the beasts, I dont know if its possible but its weird,

Well…they do use the normal head which is compatible with any G2 mask. If the new masks have the space were you can see the axle that attaches to the head (like kultas horns) then it could fit just fine. But it would look, idk can you make some shotophop great asriel?

2 Likes

I would do some photoshop if I wasn’t onmy phone & bed, I will do it tomorrow, I dont know if Im going to do it right…

1 Like

Oh, well then it is impossible.
But in reallity they wouldn’t look that great anyway.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Completely forgot!

That’s not a really good explanation.

This manages to look gross while still looking fine aesthetically.

1 Like

Agreed, the winter wave is superior, but if you combined both waves I’d say 2016 was one of the best years of Bionicle, and by all means better than last year IMO.
On a side note, seems that LB went from everyones least favorite to the best, and QB is now hated beyond reason.
SB is still my favorite one.

7 Likes

I will agree, there are better sets in this Summer wave than last, and the sets from the winter are also better than last year. Lava Beast actually was my least favorite beast in the prelims, but is now my second favorite beast. Funny how things change. :smile:

1 Like