BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I doubt that…I live in Rhode Island, and it would not take “weeks” (the amount of time the Toa and Protectors took to reach their shrines) to walk the state from top to bottom–it would actually take about half a day. Remember, the Protectors knew where the shrines were located and it still took weeks to get there, which means that Okoto is BIG. Texas is probably a worthier estimate, though even it may be too small…

2 Likes

I have to disagree with you @Rac. I actually like Ekimu’s Voice more then I like Makuta’s voice.

4 Likes

My theory: the voice actor for Ekimu is not as good, so they disguised it with a filter.

That’s an… interesting theory. But then again, we’re all here to discuss theories, no matter how seemingly impossible they are. This theory can be easily settled though. Find the name of the voice actor, find him in real life and talk to him or find other work of his.

Huh… I find this theory invalid. If that where the case they would of fired him. I also don’t think it’s bad. Now Lewa’s voice actor on the other hand is horrible.

That is some good advice. But who is Ekimu’s Voice actor again?

@GIF.Man.Ben AUGH, I HATE BEING RIGHT!!! :slight_smile:

I dunno, I preferred the animation voices to these…and that was from one guy. All of them were great with the exception of Onua…whose voice choice I just didn’t like. But for netflix, gone is the deep-voiced, satirical Lewa, replaced by…eh…I just don’t like that voice. Gali…even though she now officially has a female voice, I thought she was hilarious…during some excerpts of the episodes I could swear she sounded a bit like Obi-Wan Kenobi Ewan version. It was great. This voice…honestly, I’m used to Gali always having a deeper voice probably because of Mask of Light…but I feel that it fits her character more than this voice. I dunno, we’ll see. I still hope she’s funny. Kopaka, Pohatu, Tahu, Onua I am not sure yet…I hope they’ve also kept some aspects of their characters. Makuta is fine, Ekimu is also fine.

1 Like

People generally seem to say they don’t like the first animation voices. However, I’m not really going to pick sides until I get a fuller view of the other voices (the actual shows).

4 Likes

When did we hear Gali speak?

1 Like

I’m talking about her voice in the animations, but we do hear her briefly speak in the trailer.

Trailer for the second episode, 00:28.

1 Like

I’m just theorizing as to why it has that terrible filter so strongly.

I’m serious. I hope Ekimu is only there for a few minutes. If all of the voices were like Ekimu’s, I would NOT watch this show, BIONICLE or not. I would read BS01’s summary

I dont know, all his dialogue in the first trailer, and his “You’ve got to find the mask and bring it to me” in this newest one sounded great to me, it was just the introductory dialogue in this trailer that sounded a bit off.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the newest trailer with audio but I like the voices. I have no objections to them, or at least the ones heard in the first trailer.

It’s weird, I really felt like there was a larger amount of content in this trailer than in the first one, even though they were the same length.

Also, on another, slightly late, note: why is Quake Beast’s box art the only one of the Summer (Winter in the Northern Hemisphere) sets not to feature the the “opposing character” in the background?

Maybe onua got killed by Umarak the hunter

Probably not, Lego would never kill a main character. or at least in g2. Cuz I mean, there was Matoro in G1 but G2 is more kid friendly.

Ok, I’m gonna give my thoughts on the trailers because I’m an egotist who thinks his opinions are always right.

VOICES:
Lee-wa: A biiit young, but I like it. Makes him seem more carefree and whimsical. I like that Lewa.
Pohatu: I think he’s the one that says “IT’S CLOSING UP!” and I can’t say I’m a huge fan. Sounds a bit generic. I prefer Australian Batman.
Gali: Great. Just. Great. Probably my favorite of all of them.
Tahu: I… have no idea what lines he has, so I’m reserving judgement.
Kopaka: I think I like his voice? Like Tahu, I don’t really know what to think.
Onua: HE DOESN’T SOUND STUPID ANYMORE! HAHAHA YESSSSSSSS!
Ekimu: Juuuuust old enough. I like it a lot.
Umarak: Sounds like a ticked off demon. I love it!
Makuta: Dark, mysterious, and exactly what I was hoping for! Woohoo!

The filter kiiiinda kills it, but it’s growing on me… like a disease.

Animation: New and interesting. I love the cell shaded look.

The environment:
I like the maze so far, but I’d like to see the toa really explore Okoto.

6 Likes

Interesting analogy

Only in terms of sticking mostly to the main story and not straying into side plots. From an emotional and character perspective, just as dark as g2. Such as a whole resurrected city etc.