BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Doesn’t really seem like spiritual projection, stand or whatever you want to call, just the old man himself

2 Likes

My face when I hear someone opening up a bag of chips

20 Likes

I’m just waiting for all the Toa and Ekimu to get crushed then the falcon pokes UtD on the head once and Umarak just blows up.

7 Likes

I think it’s pretty obvious whose mask it is. Star like shape? Purple? Can’t be anyone else but the Seventh Toa, Voriki, himself.

15 Likes

well that’s because no one knows how to search things in google. (and I tend to check only monthly)

2 Likes

Totes My fanfic mask for the father of Ekimu and Makuta,

Original Topic Toa Kylerak’s: Master of the Elements

5 Likes

The resemblance is freaking uncanny :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That makes sense

1 Like

calling it Artakha, the “original” mask maker would be a nice touch

7 Likes

umarak is going to open a portal. wot.
notice how there are no creatures

2 Likes

Well I guess it’s because it would not be finalized or anything like that so I wouldn’t take that as anything too interesting

Why are there so many smudges on my scree… oh

1 Like

Sure he will open a portal to summon the Beasts

@GK733 No kidding! I’m sure he will be in a bad shape ( though Umarak might use some energy to get him in a better shape ) but what I meant was in what size he will be ?

2 Likes

Ekimu burd is named Artanis
En taro Artanis jk

Cause the character reminds me of Ekimu so much.

2 Likes

True. But like @Darknova3529 said, I wonder why there are no creatures…

1 Like

R.I.P. Creatures TimeBeforeTime-2016

3 Likes

I’m going with the idea that this is going to end up being the G2 Mask Of Time upper half. Similar to the multiple re-designs of the Mask Of Control. The mask even seems to end just below the lines in a way that hints it could connect with a lower half.

It would make sense for it to be the upper half of the Mask Of Time, given the upper half was revealed in the graphic novels released this year. In terms of the ‘three act structure’ idea it also makes sense for half of the Mask Of Time to be revealed this year so that the other half and its combined form can occur in 2017.

E.g.
2016; Summer wave; Mask Of Time upper half, Makuta wants to find it as its the only thing that can defeat him once he is resurrected
2017; Winter Wave; Finding Mask Of Time lower half, Makuta is awakened and looking for the MoUP (Race for the masks)
2017; Summer Wave; Battling an empowered Makuta (who has the MoUP) by using the Mask Of Time

Seems very likely that the lack of creatures is because they are no longer being chased by Umarak and thus have no reason to ally themselves with the Toa. If these creatures are connected to the elements as people have mentioned, then bringing along to face off against a more powerful version of Umarak would be too dangerous so the Toa likely parted ways with them.

*From the Legends Of Metru Nui storyboards xD

8 Likes

No, the upper part is the one shown in the comic.

It doesnt look at all like the Mask of Time, the spikes go in very different directions and it looks more complete with a lower jaw part of what the mask present as oppose to the intentional empty space on the Vahi upper part from the comics.

Or they just left to do some important anti-cataclysm stuff so as to come back right before the Toa are defeated to save the day. Ketar needs to payback his life dept to Pohatu ya know.

5 Likes

Not to mention that it looks quite “evil” to be a redesign of the MoT upper half.

4 Likes

I think you need to put spoiler tags in Scarilian’s quote, @TeslaEffect.

1 Like

We had a massively varied design between the original version of the Mask Of Control and the actual versions - I’m expecting the MoUP and the Mask Of Time will go through a similar change from how they are depicted. Especially the Mask Of Time given it was portrayed in a comic that didn’t even get some of the pre-released masks looking right.

The spike layout doesn’t match the MoUP or the Mask Of Time yet both seem to be in planning for some form of future storyline or release. The MoUP is very likely going to be released next year and the Mask Of Time wouldn’t have been introduced into the storyline unless it was important. So chances are its either the MoUP or the Mask Of Time. Either way its a redesign and not how we’ve seen them depicted before.

It doesn’t actually have a lower jaw - it sort of thins out. At best it has a goatee sort of thing like the Mask Of Control was originally designed to have.

Possibly, though i viewed Ketar as already doing everything right and Pohatu was making up for being mean to him by saving his life. To me that’s why JTO episode 2 ended that way, because it was a complete arc for Pohatu;

Hates Scorpions so much he doesn’t want to touch it Is willing to risk everything to save a Scorpion and it requires him to touch the Scorpion.

The Ekimu mask looks ‘evil’ if you are not knowing who it belongs to. Same with the Mask Of Control which is meant to be a neutral mask from the beginning. The looks of a mask don’t really confirm whether the mask is going

1 Like