BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I don’t know a thing about Ninjago

So, seeing as a few of you have Tahu in hand, is the gold issue really that bad?

No, it really isn’t. He looks like he could be like, some type of sun god. He also looks like he could be an ancient Chinese general. I think the amount of gold he has gives the set personality.

5 Likes

I kinda want Makuta to die like Gollum. A character who can be redeemed but ultimately chooses not to. I just think his end would fitting if it was alongside the object of his downfall.

2 Likes

seeing that the day of the set’s arrival is getting closer and closer…
it fills you with determination

I have been waiting for half life 3 for years, and I cant wait days for the sets…

Actually, I’m not sure if “can be redeemed” is the right word. Gollum couldn’t be redeemed, even if he had second thoughts. His dependency on the ring, his lust for it, was too great. Once the ring has you, there comes a point of no return. Gollum had well passed that line.

2 Likes

Sounds like it would work for Makuta.

From what I’ve heard people now like the gold on him, irony huh, or should I say…goldony?..sigh

Anyway, I don’t want neither Umarak, Makuta, or any other villain in bionicle to turn good. I already posted this so here it goes.

Makuta: Hey guys! I’m back to normal! Sorry for breaking the most sacred oath, sending Okoto into oblivion, terrorizing the Okotoran, rising an army from the dead to do my will, hiring a vicious hunter to kill you and get my mask of control. So we’re cool?
Toa: sure, frondship is best medicine

YAY, Rainbows, happyness…nope

5 Likes

I’m interested whether Makuta lost his sanity or not after his battle with his brother. 'Cause if he did, he could be like Gollum.

“Yeah, as soon as we hang you for treason, homicide, and kidnapping.”

But nah, Makuta doesn’t even have the Mask of Ultimate Power right now, and he’s still doing bad dude stuff. Necromancy, possessing, the guy is basically Sauron, which is fitting because HE forged the MoUP.

IF we were to see a villain redeemed, I’d want it to be Skull Slicer.

5 Likes

Makuta: “Yeah sure! when is the funeral?”

Slicer just needs more screentime, it would be awesome if he was a re-occurring dude.

3 Likes

Tahu:…Now!
(Extends his sword stabbing Makuta)
Makuta: :frowning:

MMMMM WATCHA SAYYY…

4 Likes

I think the best thing about G2’s Makuta is that even though we haven’t seen him become a part of the story for these first two years, we can all still FEEL his presence looming over Okoto.

4 Likes

but makuta isn’t makuta it’s possesed makuta…

I just realised the irony in that: it took CONTROL of him.

2 Likes

How come? It is clearly shown he doesn’t have the MoUP, which is what controled him first, and please no, no redemption for Makuta!

2 Likes

Makuta isn’t posessed by anything dude. He doesn’t even have the MoUP. He’s currently using people above ground as a way to get what he wants done. The MoCo itself looks evil, becoming evil was his DESTINY. All this time, this guy had been handed nothing but pain and suffering. Always being last to his brother.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes bad people need justice to be served. and sometimes, justice means paying with your life. I mean, would everyone be like “yeah sure your cool” if Hitler just said that he was sorry. HECK NO!

3 Likes

The only thing he’s possesed by is lust for power (IMO)

2 Likes

if he wasn’t possesed he would have been displayed with purple eyes

[quote=“Darknova3529, post:6206, topic:15529, full:true”]
if he wasn’t possesed he would have been displayed with purple eyes
[/quote]Just like Ekimu would be displayed with blue eyes? OH WAIT
Just like how the Mask of Control was finalized in the animations? OH WAIT

3 Likes