BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Err…now I think that is stretching way too much to make Makuta look inoccent.
And even if he was.
He broke the sacred oath.

@Tarvaax I couldn’t help but to burst out in laughter.

I never said he was innocent…

1 Like

Anakin also broke the Jedi code, and he’s still redeemed in a way :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Makuta shared just as much hatred and jealousy for Ekimu, as Teridax did for Mata Nui. He didn’t need the mask to become evil, he needed it to become powerful enough show the world his fury. Without the MoUP, he wouldn’t be able to exact his wrath OR take over Okoto. He isn’t controlled… it was all part of the plan. Makuta basically went over to the darkside.

[quote=“Solaris, post:6210, topic:15529”]
Anakin also broke the Jedi code, and he’s still redeemed in a way :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]Through paying for his crimes by death. :wink:

2 Likes

He needed a tool to show his hatred

[quote=“Tarvaax, post:6211, topic:15529”]
Through paying for his crimes by death.
[/quote] You got me :smiley:

2 Likes

Guys, this is getting off topic…I think. So I’ll make a topic so we can discuss: “Should Makuta have redemption”

1 Like

where has this been stated? we don’t know a thing about makuta yet.

1 Like

Is there a story discussion topic?

1 Like

EXACTLY. He had already planned on showing dominance and destruction, but that wasn’t possible without a mask. He needed to break free of his feeble mortal body… which might mean that Makuta… actually wanted to go into stasis… because then he gets to live without dying like the villagers…

2 Likes

I personaly want Makuta to be a more tragic villain. Basicly we get to see the good old days before Makuta turned evil and that we could then grow to like his original good personality but then the MoUP event happend and we can then feel sad for Ekimu and maybe others as we see how Makuta’s actions after that event have harmed all of Okoto.

Just to have him be a villain that we are suppost to dislike from the start does noting but make him a villain that is and will allways be evil for the sacke of being evil.

3 Likes

He was clearly jealous when they say that Ekimus masks were more appreciated.

Vader killed Jedi for years, but he was still redeemed.

[quote=“DarkHenrik, post:6217, topic:15529”]
I personaly want Makuta to be a more tragic villain
[/quote]Even G1 Makuta was a tragic villain. Oppressed and hated by everyone, he eventually began to hate Mata Nui and wanted to take his place.

G2 Makuta is oppressed and hated by everyone, so he eventually began to hate Ekimu and wanted to take his place. XD

They’re one in the same. Both come from tragedy, but that doesn’t mean they become good in the end.

[quote=“TeslaEffect, post:6219, topic:15529”]
Vader killed Jedi for years, but he was still redeemed.
[/quote]Through. Death.
By paying. For. His. Actions. In. Blood.

4 Likes

Yep, thats how Makuta should do it as well. Like Vader, like Lordgenome.

2 Likes

Ok guys
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/should-makuta-stay-evil-or-become-good/16869
Suit yourselfs! @Solaris @Tarvaax here is the topic if you want to keep the discussion.

4 Likes

Though self-sacrifice, more specifically. :grin:

He both saved his son and killed the big bad in one “heroic” swoop.

1 Like

well do we know if the moup has to be connected after it got controll over someone to keep that control?

So, got Lewa and Uxar, I gotta say: They’re awesome! They both have great functions, the Shadow Trap is the best thing since sliced bread, but the best thing about them is, I dropped Lewa, and his mask didn’t fall off.

4 Likes

Well, it could be a thing where Makuta wants the MoUP because he had one taste of that power, and now he wants more, and he’s willing to do anything to get it back. Maybe, going back to the old saying that absolute power corrupts absolutely, that feeling of power warped his mind permanently.

Discussion of wether Makuta is controled by MoUP should go to the topic linked above, to prevent getting off topic ight?

Anyway back on topic, for those out there that have the sets, which one do you preffer? Gearbox, or waist punch function?

@MakutaAhkmou Wat Kind of Sorcery is that???

3 Likes