BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Good thing lego didn’t go for that color scheme, it’s hideous imo.

System sets, 5 were revealed. Though only one was clearly based on TFA Poe’s X-Wing from the start of the film with a flame trooper, old dude, BB-8 and what i believe is Poe in civilian clothing

Not sure why changing the colour scheme makes him more like a Lumberjack… Also, why orange? Stereotypical view of Lumberjacks is normally this;

Also, pretty much every region other than Jungle… his camouflage doesn’t work unless the area has aspects that match his colour scheme.

Its still odd to me we could be seeing the Summer wave in less than a month, going under the belief they actually are at toyfair this time around (and not just Nexo Knights, Ninjago + Ninjago movie, etc…)

We also need to remember that certain themes may have less appeal in certain countries/areas of countries. If your portion of the U.K. isn’t buying as much BIONICLE or LEGO as others, it would make little sense for stores to stock the sets based upon prior interest. I don’t think the profitability of the line is based so much on where the sets are selling, because I live in the smallest, least known state of the US, and my TRU had 11/12 of the new sets on Dec 31st, in relatively decent supply, and I have seen my local Target’s shelves filled up and restocked at least twice since the summer. It really depends on the preferences of the people in certain areas, not the areas themselves.

I do think that, as you said, online shopping has been a big part of BIONICLE’s recent sales, but that is true of almost all things. If people are buying more sets online, it stands to reason that stores will be less interested in shelving them, as that would deplete product that could be shipped via online orders. I wouldn’t take the absence of the sets from a few stores too seriously, especially with the nearing onset of TJtO, which will definitely broaden the line’s presence.

2 Likes

“Hey Australian! Boomerangs suck! Feet are better!”

“I find that highly offensive!”

1 Like

It certainly is, but this has always been the case.
Just look at the date this was posted.

And just please Lego… let me order the sets already.

OMG, I created Phoenix Samurai Tahu MOC, it looks so good.

The additional neck articulation, the armour placement, the wings, everything looks so perfect. Now Ill be uploading this MOC fo sure, but just to describe it a bit more, this is my version of Tahu 2016 Upgraded version.

1 Like

hey @SwagMeister @Triple and @Scarilian

what do you guys personaly think of these ideas i had of Umarak and the creatures, (though mostly on Umarak himself)

im going to quote them so that you guys don’t need to go looking for them in the past posts:

so tell me what you guys think of these ideas.

4 Likes

A very interesting idea, not sure if LEGO would do it, but it makes one heck of a headcanon.

1 Like

Well, you did hear they’re gonna have a kickstarter program to see if they can make music for G2, right? This might’ve been brought up before, but they’ve become a little more active on social media. Their Youtube Channel was renamed to Cryoshel 2016, and there’s a whole Facebook page about their kickstarter program for this year. :smiley:

6 Likes

Hype Train 3.0 now boarding

6 Likes

One sec, lemme make sure the breaks are gone.

5 Likes

The mask of breaking has been lost, cannot stop the hype.

1 Like

@Squigly That’s not for G2, that’s for a totally unrelated and different thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I melted it down, and fed it to Akida.

RIP

DONT CARE!

NEW CYROSHELL MOOOSIIICZ!

Give me the hype coal, we need to speed this thing up.

Is it really? The hype is gone.

Anyway which color scheme do you guys like the most out of the sets? Mine are probably Gali and Umarak

I would like bionicle story to be funny like undertale (the music on it is also awesome)
or be dark, really dark, like some of the alternate universes takanuva traveled to,

Agreed, also Onua, and Lewa.

1 Like

I’ll go for dark and gritty, we already had our fun.

1 Like

No, we just need more of it.

Umarak’s definitely got my favourite colour scheme of all. Even the red pins work, to some extent.

2 Likes