BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Seems like I just started something here. I think Ekimu and The Okotans drink liquids the same way as Eljay drink water with his mask on at brickfairs.

2 Likes

Is this what we’ve come to? Discussing how the Okotans would make coffee?

:stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I’m still curious about the whole “Matoran” thing from a few months ago. Perhaps it was just a last-minute attempt to appeal to the fans and, in a strange way, comfort us after the line got cancelled? Or…was this planned from the beginning? We know that “Matoran” was accidentally used before, so maybe this was meant to be some grand reveal in 2017?

I really hope that the art books show some 2017 concept art. Maybe we can get an idea of where the line was originally going after 2016. :confused:

11 Likes

Sorry for the poor quality, but I needed to get the image out of my head:

Honestly, I really liked how masks worked in G2. It kind of gave off the sense that the masks were magnetic without actually using magnets. But yeah, imagining Ekimu after the events of JtO going back to his forge and working with a pastry and coffee is hilarious. I imagine Ekimu as more of a tea guy though.

15 Likes

Well, the villager’s have mostly exposed mouths. Ekimu would likely be best off using some kind of straw for his drinks.

Hot coffee and straws don’t mix well though. Yes, I found that out the hard way, and yes I regret the whole experience and the events leading up to it.

I think Ekimu just absorbs it through the mask. Just imagine it…

1 Like

Maybe the mask does what the Ignika did, and just opens up.

2 Likes

That is very weird. TRU is supposed to price match all LEGO sets. I did it with all of the beasts and Pohatu. But TRU is known to have some sketchy employees, so I’m not too surprised.

I guess…and I don’t even drink coffee.
:confounded:

My guess is that the Okotans were actually Matoran, but in one way or another, the Mask of Creation was used to give them an Okotan Form (and maybe wiped away memories of G1). Because he used the Mask, (Artakha?) (Ekimu?) was the only one who remembered elements of G1 (Toa, Nuva Symbols, etc).

I think a connection between G1 and G2 may have been planned from the beginning (The comic 'The Battle of the Mask Makers’ Half of the VAHI seems to imply a connection).

I sure hope so.

1 Like

Easy Some Members of the Reign of Fire used fire to boiled the coffee from the Reign of Jungle’s grounded coffee beans, and the water of also makes the coffee from the Reign of Water.

So they released the final minisode.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/videos/episode-04-the-dark-portal-e85817a12567426ab53f3b2f3dca2522

Unfortunately they didn’t release it in English.

AND THEY DON’T EVEN CLOSE OUT THE STORY.

2 Likes

It makes the story more open… it doesn’t end.
I like that effect.

But that’s worse than an ending it because this is the last thing we’re going to get for BIONICLE.

I actually like it. It means the fans can create more stories for them and make their own adventures. It gives an opportunity for more creativity and fun, which I personally enjoyed more than G1’s ending.

1 Like

Are the videos not working for anyone else? Am I missing a plug in or something?

Gathered friends, listen again to our legend, of the Gen 2 Bionicle.

Fun Fact: The Official pictures of the winter wave came out exactly one year ago

Coffee is confirmed to be canon by Narmoto!

7 Likes

Does anyone have any theories about why “Kopaka” and “Pohatu” are written on these pillars in the Capitol City? I know this has been brought up before, but I don’t really remember what people were saying about it.

I mean, we know the Toa were named after star constellations, but it seems unlikely that the Okotans would randomly put the names of constellations on pillars throughout the city.

Any thoughts?

8 Likes

Random easter eggs.

3 Likes

Are their six pillars around that building? One for each Toa.

3 Likes

Maybe that building is a temple of sorts.

1 Like

Well, the Egyptians built obelisks as a sort of homage to Aton, the Sun- they represented rays of sunlight, captured within stone. Those pillars might serve a similar function, the immortalisation of the constellations’ light in a way that is tangible to the residents of Okoto, a reminder of the prophesied heroes, the Toa.

3 Likes