BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

-MoCo
-Crystal armor piece
-Bottom jaw
-Lava Upper Jaw
-Storm Upper Jaw
-Quake Upper Jaw

Only 4 new molds that we see so far. These are preliminary pictures. More pieces will surely show once we get better and clearer pictures.

Exactly which saddens me

how2arm

I gues it was bring your 2 year old to work day

4 Likes

to point out how bad the cgi on the box art is, for half a second I though umarak was a five nights at freddys four charecter when I scrolled by. He looks great and all but this box art isnt doing any favors for the sets.

3 Likes

Well it is a Prelim

1 Like

It’s the same mold. They look so similar enough there’s no point questioning because there would be no point making two three so similar molds in the first place.

I hope Lego will listen to our early opinions about the sets.

these surly are a thread to the toa :joy:

I would also like to point out that none of these sets have their printings on them. Ekimu will probably have alot of gold for his printing.

2 Likes

[quote=“Tarvaax, post:9824, topic:15529, full:true”]
I’d say Lava Beast is the worst, specifically because of the same reason I hated all IFB sets that carried a weapon. They’re supposed to be primal yet sentient. They have claws that they should use for fighting instead of holding something. That’s just stupid and not cool.

I’ll third this. I like Umarak, but like Tarvaax said, that Hulk Torso just doesn’t work. I also think taking away the silver and gunmetal and instead making those pieces gold or black would be very effective as well. I love the legs and arms and the function’s really nice and kind of reminds me of Nidiki.

No, it isn’t. Quake has wider eyes and a shorter face with weird deteriorating teeth, Storm has smaller eyes and a more narrow face without the teeth, Lava’s is more rocky and has two rocky teeth/lips.

2 Likes

The interesting thing is that the winter wave this year had a much higher amount of new molds and recolors than the winter wave last year, the decrease in molds could be due to balancing out the budget.

2 Likes

That’s because of the pics being slightly unclear and the poses being at different angles.
That’s all.

1 Like

Just going to say right now, all the beasts have really stubby legs.

1 Like

I’m positive that I know what I’m talking about. I’m not crazy.

These sets really don’t feel like they should be worth the $15 they’ll be costing us (besides Ekimu because he IS awesome). Also… what the heck is up with Lava Beasts HANDS???

Is that shadow trap a part of Storm Beasts… tail…?

1 Like

atleast lava beast doesn’t have the pee color

Lime is fine. It’s meant to mimic yellow and show that pure power is flowing through.

1 Like

Quake beast and Storm Beast have some really strange going on with their torsos, the ribcage is set so low.