BIONICLE 2016 Pre-Leak Speculation

Now that we know more about the plot and 2015 villains, it would be a good time to throw my suggestions forward.

2016-Race for the Mask of Control
After Ekimu is awakened, he forges new masks and tools for the tribe villagers as the Ancient City is being reconstructed by the Toa. Unknown to the toa, the battle beforehand drew the attention of several warriors and monsters from other lands.
Sets
Winter
-Villagers of Ice, Water, Fire, Jungle, Earth and stone each with recolors of the Toa masks
-Six ā€˜dark hunterā€™ inspired characters that serve as counterpart to the toa
Summer
-A titan guardian with the mask of control
-Toa Nuva with specialized armour and masks

8 Likes

This plot sounds quite good.

I have a theory that every Bionice villain wave from here on out will be based on a certain part of the skeletonā€¦this yearā€™s being the skull, obviously.

Next year weā€™ll get ā€œLord of Femur Spidersā€ or something.

And then ā€œSternum Warriorā€

Itā€™ll be great, trust me

-MT

15 Likes

No, I think that it would be to boring for a theme as Bionicle.

Iā€™m calling it the leaks will come 2 weeks after summer wave

The mask of live is iconis for Bionicle. It would be a shame if they didnā€™t re-intruduced it.

Anon on 4chan says his nephew got a chance to playtest 2016 preliminary sets. Credibility unknown.
http://boards.4chan.org/toy/thread/4733949#p4740225
(I donā€™t use 4chan, someone sent me the link.)

I do not believe that at all.

Sounds fake

Chro, arenā€™t you usually the one who dismisses anything as fake, a mistake, or unlikely?

Seems Legit (not really)

Wait a minuteā€¦

Itā€™s Real!

13 Likes

I think he probably saw the Darth Vader Ultrabuild pictures and decided to make his theory seem credible by describing/drawing those.

I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m ā€œthe oneā€ but I tend to be skeptical.
And I never said it was legitimate. Just thought Iā€™d share it since itā€™s interesting, fake or otherwise.

2 Likes

IDK why, but I think this is legit.

I hope they will set that in the bionicle 2016 sets.

1 Like

Summary of 4chan posts;

ā€œI donā€™t really have that much info. Just assumptions based on the preliminary sets i saw. Was at a family funeral 2 weeks ago and started talking to my sister. Found out my 9 year old nephew was going in for a lego ā€œplay testā€. I took him instead of her and it turns out this little guy had been part of the target market play testing or whatever itā€™s called 3 times now. Got to see what iā€™m assuming are the preliminary winter 2016 wave sets. First of all, they looked very preliminary. Some were using recycled masks, and even glued together parts as well as some weird bumpy parts that were grey that looked like they were 3d printedā€

ā€¢ There were 6 villains a larger Ekimu figure and a small thing which i think may be developed into 6 small sets?
ā€¢ The Ekimu figure was basically in between Tahu and Ekimu design wise

ā€œThey sat down with my nephew and a few other kids while the parents all talked. They asked them which ones they liked and what they liked about them, asked what colours they would like better (2 kids said gold) The ekimu figure was the kids favorite and they all seemed to be enjoying the little thing tooā€

ā€¢The little thing was quadruped and sort of resembled the bionicle tarduk but with a sort of spiky head that was trans neon green and attached to the body.
ā€¢ By pressing a function on the back the head shot off. It sort of looked like a ghost on a body but with a face.
ā€¢ The bad guys had the same body function/shooter on one arm but the ghost things that shot off didnā€™t have faces, but designs instead. They might be the collectable for this wave.
ā€¢ The little guy was basically a shooter with legs attached and little claws
ā€¢ There was the use of a platinum like colour on the villains chest armor. It was definitely not silver. A lot shinier. Itā€™s longer than the toa chest plates but still fits on the 2 studs body pieces i think.
ā€¢ A new armor piece that most of them had was an armor add on that comes out at an angle and then curves down. It was that weird dark grey as well as their masks
ā€¢ The villains looked pretty futuristic but not in a robot way.
They were very streamlined looking. 4 or 5 used what look to be rounded leg armor pieces, havenā€™t seen them before.
ā€¢ One guy was tan with trans purple accents and some platinum armor.
ā€¢ Had 2 of those new shooters as arms (with trans purple ghost things) and a cape. That set really stood out for me.
ā€¢ There was a platinum, dark grey and trans orange guy that used those rib cage pieces on the tops of his arms.
ā€¢ Had a club in one hand and a shooter in the other.
ā€¢ There was a trans blue, platinum and black guy that had weird long legs
ā€¢ There was a another that was trans yellow and platinum and dark grey. It had horns. unexciting except for a new whip piece that was trans yellow, the new shooter and a cape.
ā€¢ the big bad guys have those shooters as one of their forearms in their respective trans colour
ā€¢ it had a bumpy/spiky texture. This piece looked pretty finalized
ā€¢ yea the head/ghost thing shoots right off
ā€¢ also ekimu was the only one with gears.
ā€¢ 2 of them had capes though
ā€¢ there was also a rounded leg piece that was used and those armor add ons are more rounded than pointy.

He also did some images;
Shooter system - http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1424475630931.png
New armour - http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1424476776549.png
New leg piece - http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1424477699159.png

Thoughts;
This was posted after the images of the Star Wars Ultra Builds were revealed, so the leg piece he may have simply copied from the Ultra Builds to further his support.

The idea of Ghosts has been done before, however I could honestly see Bionicle attempting the head shooter function, though not sure entirely how ghosts would work with Biomechanical beingsā€¦

Either way, I like the ā€˜shooter armsā€™ idea and the small sets. Not sure what theyā€™d do for a larger Ekimu thoughā€¦

17 Likes

Wolf, @MT_Zehvor here was making a joke.

Most of his posts are sarcastic.

So, those are organized crazily, so Iā€™ve done a set-by-set break-down for convenience:

Ekimu: larger than Mask Maker, smaller than Tahu, has gears

Little quadruped thing: spiky, trans-neon green head, function on the back knocks the head off, was basically a shooter with legs attached and little claws

Trans-purple guy: was trans-purple and tan with platinum armor, had two new shooters as arms, trans-purple ghost things, and a cape

Orange guy: had platinum, dark grey, and trans-orange, used the rib cage pieces on his arms, had a club and a shooter\

Blue gal(?): had trans-blue, platinum, and black, and ā€œweird legsā€

Yellow guy: trans-yellow (probably will actually be green), platinum, and dark grey, had horns, a new trans-yellow whip piece, the shooter and a cape

fifth & sixth villain: ??? (my guess is theyā€™ll be trans-light blue and trans-green, to complete the color group)

2 Likes

ā€¦sounds familiarā€¦

2 Likes

These claims donā€™t sound like they are wrong, but they donā€™t sound right eitherā€¦ They seem possible, but they also sound suspicious. Iā€™ll hold back judgement until later.

That. Was. Beautiful. tear