Bionicle 2023?

German StoneWars article update, says they learned through a a partner program with the Official Lego Store that the rumors about theme restrictions are supposedly true…

6 Likes

Building instructions are up on LEGO’s page

4 Likes

whelp, guess theres going to be a big uptick in people not spending $100 and just buying sets on bricklink now that they just confirmed theme restrictions. I might just need to buy a ninjago set or something thats due to retire soon and sit on it for value to rise so I can get my money back after ebay fees are taken into account

4 Likes

ah dag-nab it lego…
eh im still gonna get it, i’ve been kinda wanting that monkie kid team hideout set for a while now…

4 Likes

I mean it’s a commemorative 1 off set based on g1. So g1 makes the most sense but I wouldn’t really call it anything besides commemorative.

5 Likes

Just use either mine or Burnets plans to get it for next to nothing

6 Likes

I might try that or I might go to the lego store employees and be like “so if i manage to uhhh “lose” tahu in the mall then come back in five minutes with just this big ninjago set and decide I want to return it y’all will just take $17 off right?”, assuming im actually allowed to do that idk what the return policy is. if i get penguin slushie van then $80 ninjago mech and swap the mech out for $63 of technic that works for me

5 Likes

I would imagine they’d factor in the GWP. But I’m hardly speaking from experience

It seemed like a given to me up until now, but the shop at home website is a viable means to gain a GWP right? I’d like to pin that down before I make any financial commitments

2 Likes

i believe you can order online yeah. but I figure if lego store wont let me return sets I will just go to target nearby. I am fine with them taking the $17 msrp listed for tahu out of the return if it means I get $83 of sets I actually want and a tahu for $100

if they dont want to take return i will threaten to buy mega blocks at target its a foolproof strategy

6 Likes

They’ll be bowing at your feet showering you with GWPs in desperation

4 Likes

I would get a Big Ninjago set like Nya’s Samurai X MECH (I do don’t have a Pythor in my Collection after all)

3 Likes

What do we think the availability for Tahu GWP will be? Bionicle is reasonably niche, but i’m worried its gonna be like everything else cool that gets released ever (not exclusive to lego) and all the stock will be “bought up” or i guess GWP’d in this case so someone can make a quick buck.

I’m also wondering if lego stores will get like 10 or less in stock.

For real, i’m half expecting to call them on Friday only for them to stay they’re already out.

5 Likes

I’m also somewhat concerned about short stock and I’m just planning to be up and at 'em Friday morning placing an order online

3 Likes

I have work on friday and this very much worries me. I will have to check the website to see what my local stores stock says online and if its low make an online order.

4 Likes

Well, it’s available as of today. Anybody get there hands on it yet? Mine’s still in the mail

6 Likes

im gonna try get it 2morrow me thinks

4 Likes

well, I’ve ordered a couple ninjago sets, can’t wait to get it.

4 Likes

Got my hands on one! Had to buy some random Ninjago set Nya’s Samurai X Mech.

8 Likes

Ooh very cool!

2 Likes

Did you crack it open yet?

3 Likes