BIONICLE Advertisements

So, I’ve procrastinated making this topic, but here it is!

I was on the old BZP, when I came across this dandy topic. It’s a commercial for the Intel Pentium 4, but more importantly, it also served as an advert for BIONICLE: Mask of Light: The Game.

Here’s the vid:

This got me all nostalgic and stuff, but more importantly, it got me watching all the other commercials. So, what’s your guys’ favorite commercial? I know mine is the Mask of Light reveal trailer. That was some good watching.

18 Likes

I guess I need to watch them again too. I saw this one a while after Bionicle ended.

3 Likes

“Intel 4 with HD technology!” Because Bionicle: The Game was definitely HD.

13 Likes

Of course!..totally…right?

NO.

The graphics made me die in-game a few times, actually.

Such as when a platform rendered in the wrong spot and I walked onto it, thinking I would be safe, but NOOOO, I fell to my doom.

7 Likes

so…
does anyone else want to make a mask based off of that…

thing, in the commercial?

in fact,
I propose a mactootie moc extravaganza!
(custom masks req.)

6 Likes

Were anyone’s parents like this?

5 Likes

weren’t they all?

3 Likes

Didn’t you know? Crysis was an easy game for PC’s instead of the graphical monster that is Bionicle: The Game.

2 Likes

Was BIONICLE: The Game really that bad on the PC. I know that the gameplay was mediocre, but I never knew it had graphical issues.

Nah, I was just jokingly comparing it to the whole Crysis will destroy your PC thingy. It had no graphical issues (I think). Still can’t get past the Guko bird thing in Lewa Nuva’s level though. :confused:

How come?

2 Likes

Because it is easily the most gut-wrenching, painstaking, evil, demented, screwed-up, insane, child-torturing, blood-curdling, hair-ripping, hope-killing, blood-sucking, soul-draining, keyboard-smashing, light-breaking piece of evil you will ever find.

6 Likes

Sums it right up.

While by today’s standards the game looks terrible. In that case the graphics weren’t the problem. That would have been poor collision data. Yes, that happened to me as well.

2 Likes

Perfection

14 Likes

Ug, that child got on my nerves. They aren’t called “Bionicle”. He seemed like a jerk. The father put so much effort into pleasing his son only to get rudely corrected. That kid should have respected his father considering that the dad bought that PC and game >=(

7 Likes

I got a feeling there was a mask of power commercial involved with a toa of Earth, but i don’t know/I forgot. Maybe I’m confusing it with an add from the game

Are you referring to the advertisement for The Legend of Mata Nui where Onua assembled himself on a beach?

Sorry, I meant a toa of Earth retrieving a mask of Elemental energy from a cave, and it was an add from the game. sorry for the confusion

1 Like

Why… oh why… HAVE I NEVER SEEN THAT COMMERCIAL.

4 Likes