BIONICLE cameos in non-BIONICLE related stuff!

Oh uh I uh there was like a 2 minute interchange about BIONICLE between two pretty well known people in the D&D YouTube community on a livestream they did.

1 Like

this one gundam youtuber i watch read out the opening monologue from mask of light

Has anyone posted that clip of Pewdiepie where he says, “Do not disrespect the good name of Bionicle!” before?

I saw the video years ago. It was one where he was looking at memes and Bionicle apple showed up, among others.

4 Likes

i’ve only every seen that he built a gundam

There was a clip in the latest Runesmith video at 3:15.

1 Like

“innocent” Bionicle fans? I’m not sure on the whole if we’re innocent.

1 Like

This isn’t a huge “Bionicle” cameo, but I thought it was an interesting detail nonetheless.

In Season 3, Episode 13 of Corner Gas, the prop designers for the fictional toy “Chew Bot the Robot Goat” must have been using their kid’s brand new Knight’s Kingdom set:

I have never seen anyone point this out before (heck, I just noticed it myself), despite the fact that the episode came out over 15 years ago.

11 Likes

If you think about it most of us probably didn’t watch corner gas as a kid, in that sense its kinda easy to miss.

On a different note the easter egg is neat nontheless

1 Like

This new Monkie Kid set has both a Bohrok insignia and a Hero Factory logo on a signpost to the left.

27 Likes

Glad to see they’re still making small references like these

4 Likes

The yellow sign above it has the Znap logo, which makes my dead heart beat. I like the other ones too, but Znap is one of those I’d figure would forever be left out.

8 Likes

It also has the bionicle logo graffiti’d onto the shop sign.

8 Likes

wait where

1 Like

This mean that Sun Wukong probably fought Bohrok in this timeline

Holy cannoli! that’s awesome!

1 Like

The two robots are a reference to the wind-up robot in mystic mountain time lab. They should’ve used square minecraft heads to make them look more like wind-up robots. We know that piece isn’t license locked as it’s used as the tesseract in the hydra stomper set.

4 Likes

There are also a bunch of references to Classic sets from the 80’s and 90’s as well in that LEGO Shop section:

You can clearly spot some Space, Paradisa, Adventurers, and Town stuff in there!

5 Likes

The dude wearing red overalls on the top right corner is a nod to the lego mascot from the mid to late 1950s. 40s and 50s kids will get the reference.

It’s also interesting to note that this gas station is one of the earliest of lego’s licensed sets as “Esso” was a real life company at the time.

5 Likes

And I totally did, too

It’s obvious the same designer(s) of the Ninjago city modulars is/are responsible for the design of this set, given how dense the build is and how many references are packed in. Monkie Kid is now the better Ninjago in terms of set quality/show quality.

5 Likes

Well they are kinda inspired by the classic space robots too, which would make sense since the 3rd wave is space inspired

1 Like